South Lake Hospital is centrally located in Clermont, Florida, which combines the appeal of suburban life with easy access to Orlando, all of the major theme parks, and beautiful beaches on both coasts. At South Lake Hospital, our mission is to improve the health and quality of life of the individuals and communities in South Lake County. Our 160-acre health, wellness, and education campus provides a complete continuum of quality care. With 170 beds, and more than 1,500 employees, we offer a variety of medical services including diagnostic imaging, orthopedics, robotic surgery, urology, women's services, and our cardiac catheterization laboratory.
Demonstrates through clinical practice a clear understanding of sterile technique and has a working knowledge of the specialized instrumentation and equipment required for a variety of special procedures.
* Reviews preference and verifies case cart completely prior to case.
* Responsible for the maintenance of an orderly surgical field and for consistently passing instruments and supplies quickly and efficiently to the surgeon.
* Able to anticipate and prioritize the needs of the various steps associated with the procedure.
* Takes part in sponge, needle and instruments counts as dictated by the procedure.
* Responsible for maintaining the surgical specimen in a manner which identifies and preserves them for pathology evaluation.
* Assists in ordering and stocking of specialty supplies under the direction of management staff and departmental guidelines.
* Transports and delivers items, equipment, and medications (excluding controlled substances and IV chemotherapy drugs) throughout the facility.
* May have limited access to areas storing medications.
* Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
* Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions:
* Participates in Environments of Care Quality Indicators (Q1) activities as assigned.
* Demonstrates awareness of legal issues, patient rights and compliance with the standards of regulatory and accrediting agencies.
* Practices efficient use of supplies.
* Maintains a clear, safe and organized unit.
*High school graduate or equivalent.
*Successful completion of: - Surgical Technology training program; or - U. S. Military Medical Core Training; or - Completion of an equivalent on-the-job training program with 7 years recent surgical tech experience.
*National certification as Surgical Technologist eligible and completed within six months of hire date from one of the following:
*Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) (www.nbstsa.org) -- renewed every 4 years; or
*Tech in Surgery - Certified by the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) (www.ncctinc.com) -- renewed annually.
*Maintains current BLS/HealthCare Provider certification.
One year surg tech experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled