As the community’s only not-for-profit, faith-based health care system; Dignity Health Nevada has been guided by the vision and core values of the Adrian Dominican Sisters for more than 70 years. As the Henderson and Las Vegas communities grow, Dignity Health-St. Rose Dominican facilities and its more than 3,400 employees will continue the Sisters’ mission of serving people in need. St. Rose Dominican is a member Dignity Health, one of the nation’s largest health care systems, a 22-state network of more than 9,000 physicians, 60,000 employees, and 400 care centers, including hospitals, urgent and occupational care, imaging and surgery centers, home health, and primary care clinics. Headquartered in San Francisco, Dignity Health is dedicated to providing compassionate, high-quality, and affordable patient-centered care with special attention to the poor and underserved. You can also follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
Surgery provides inpatient and outpatient care to patients undergoing a surgical procedure. Surgical specialties include general/gynecological/urology, robotics, colorectal, orthopedic/spine/neurology, cardiovascular/thoracic, pediatric urology, ear, nose and throat procedures, and podiatry. 6 operating rooms are available from 0700 to 1530 five days per week for normal scheduling. 3 operating rooms are available for procedures scheduled from 1530 to 1900. There are two on-call teams after normal business hours, weekends and holidays. There is a General call team and a Heart call team.
The Surgical Technologist is responsible for assisting with patient care within the assigned work area and participates as a member of the health care team. The Surgical Technologist contributes to the care of the patient by following established Surgical Services standards.
- This position is represented by SEIU, Local 1107 and is covered by the terms and conditions of the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
- One (1) year recent full-time experience in an acute care facility as a certified surgical technologist.
- Graduate from high school or equivalent program.
- Graduate from an accredited Surgical Technologist program to include certification.
- CT CPRBLS - Basic Life Support - AHA.
- CT ORT = Certified Surgical Technologist Nat'l the Certified Surgical Technologist certification must be provisioned through the NBSTSA.
- One year recent full-time experience in an acute care facility as a certified surgical technologist, to include experience with trauma and open heart.
- Must be certified.