Certified Tumor Registrar FT Day AdventHealth Tampa
Location Address: 3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Tampa
- Florida Hospital Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
- Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
- Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
- Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
Full Time Day
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Identifies reportable cancer cases for suspense file through review of pathology reports, radiation oncology treatment notes, gynecologic oncology treatment notes, and the merge file.
- Collates data from various sources as new cases into computerized suspense file.
- Completes all required supportive documents and follow-up documentation for each identified patient.
- Accurately abstracts reportable cases in a timely manner as stipulated in ACoS cancer program standards, following ACoS and FCDS abstracting guidelines. Completes any corrections to FCDS edits within assigned time frame. Enters follow-up data into abstract as appropriate.
- Initiates involvement in special projects within the Cancer Registry department. Responsible for coordination and completion of physician abstract quality assurance reviews to meet the ACoS standard of 300 charts reviewed annually.
- Compiles results of physician abstract reviews. Shares results of abstract reviews with leadership
- Measures personal productivity to assure compliance with expected department productivity standard.
- Precepts new staff members as needed throughout orientation period. Serves as resource to coworkers as needed.
- Increases personal knowledge of current registry practice through participation in ongoing continuing education opportunities as outlined in ACoS standards. Shares documentation of attendance at educational activities with leadership at annual performance review.
- Certified Tumor Registrar completes continuing education as required to maintain current certificate. Incorporates information gained from new learning opportunities into daily practice to comply with any changes in FCDS and ACoS reporting requirements.
- Accepts change and exhibits willingness to work with new or alternative plans when requested.
- Maintains patient confidentiality as required by HIPAA.
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Demonstrates knowledge of standards for data collection as set by the American College of Surgeons (ACoS) and the Florida Cancer Data System (FCDS).
- Utilizes knowledge of standards for data collection in daily practice of casefinding, abstracting and follow-up data entry as appropriate, as measured by successful data submission and survey completion.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of medical terminology, human anatomy and physiology and cancer pathology.
- Demonstrates proficiency in use of registry computer database, as well as working knowledge of other computer programs including Florida Hospital Suncare patient database, Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) as well as Internet skills.
- Demonstrates reliability and promptness in completing case abstracts and any additional assignments efficiently.
- Accepts direction from leadership and incorporates changes into daily practice as needed.
- Demonstrates sensitivity to cost containment measures as defined by leadership.
- Shares ideas for improvement of current practice with leadership as appropriate.
- Demonstrates ability to work well with others, fostering team approach to meeting department goals.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Completion of education program and/or work experience required for Certified Tumor Registrar, as defined by the National Cancer Registrars’ Association.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Certified Tumor Registrar
- The Certified Tumor Registrar is responsible for all aspects of data collection for reportable cancer cases. The Certified Tumor Registrar completes casefinding, abstracting, and follow-up data entry, and completes additional activities as needed to meet standards set by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (ACoS CoC) as well as the Florida Cancer Data Systems (FCDS). Leads by example in proactively serving as a resource for other Cancer Registry team members. Assists the Cancer Registry Resource Manager as needed with special projects to meet cancer program standards set by the ACoS. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.