Layout / Fitter (multiple positions available)
STS Steel is seeking a Layout Fitter to analyze blueprint drawings of bridges, buildings and hydraulic structures to determine the best methods to assemble the structure. This position is located at our Schenectady, NY fabrication facility.
- Interpret fabrication drawings for layout, fitting, assembly, and welding of structural assemblies.
- Measure and mark location and identification of holes, copes, hardware, and welds.
- Fit parts and assemblies to the appropriate location within specified tolerances
- 2 years of related experience as a Layout or Fitter
- Need to pass a Tack Welding test
- Basic hand tools required (Squares, levels, chalk line reel, etc.)
Pay and Benefits:
STS Steel offers a comprehensive compensation package including competitive salary.
- Health, dental & vision insurance
- 401K with employer match
- Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Paid holidays and paid time off (PTO)
- Opportunity to grow in an environment of integrity and trust.
STS Steel is an employee owed, highly respected steel fabricator of bridges, buildings and hydraulic structures. STS Steel holds AISC quality certification for Buildings, Advanced Bridges, Hydraulic Structures with endorsements for Sophisticated Paint and Fracture Critical. STS Steel, Inc. is an Affirmative Action-Equal Opportunity Employer.