Well established and growing company is actively interviewing to fill the position of seasoned CFO/Controller. The Company is seeking a professional to be the financial partner who will perform accounting and financial functions and will report directly to the CEO of the Company to chart the strategic direction and success of the business by acting in a financial and business advisor capacity. A demonstrated track record of managing/overseeing accounting personnel and heavy involvement in the day to day accounting activities of the Company is a must along with knowledge of construction accounting.
The CFO/Controller will primarily be responsible for preparing financial statements using percentage-of-completion accounting basis, helping to identify strategies that improve the bottom line, managing the financial risks of the Company, and serving as the primary point of contact with key vendor partners including bank operations. The successful candidate will also be responsible for financial planning, analyzing data, and record-keeping, as well as financial reporting to higher management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Producing financial reporting using percentage-of-completion based accounting which is accurate, timely, and usable for month and year-end close, including all journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations, accruals and reserve analysis
- Managing the Company’s payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable and bank operations departments and processes
- Delivering sound economic financial plans for short-term and long-range forecasts and budgets
- Preparing schedules and providing commentary and recommendations to senior management with respect to operating results and variances to forecasts
- Profitability reporting by product and customer
- Providing strategic management and procedures in the areas of accounting, finance and tax in order to maintain adequate accounting processes, policies and internal controls to ensure complete, accurate and timely reporting
- Analyzing and monitoring the integrity of the internal financial controls in conjunction with staff, management and outside auditors/accountants to improve the Company’s processes and accommodate significant growth
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration, or a related field. Master’s degree and CPA certification preferred
- Direct familiarity with construction cost accounting systems and management
- Sage/Peachtree software experience would be desired