Chief Financial Officer
Early Stage Health Food Company
Los Angeles, CA
Salary + Bonus + Equity Potential
We are in search of a Chief Financial Officer with strong financial experience in the CPG arena who enjoys the journey of growing a small business into a billion+ dollar enterprise. Specific responsibilities will include financial reporting, budgeting & forecasting, month-end close, variance analysis and financial systems oversight. The role will work closely with an outsourced finance consultant to assist with the plan to migrate the finance function in-house in 2020. The position will manage, train and mentor a Controller and be responsible for building a finance team over time. Successful candidates will have approximately 10-15 years of related experience, strong analytical skills and the desire to collaborate with a small, entrepreneurial team. Food/CPG experience is a must and start-up experience is a plus. Prior fundraising experience strongly preferred. Salary is up to $250,000, based on experience. There is an opportunity to earn equity and a performance bonus as well.
- Prepare financial statements, weekly reports, financial dashboards and margin analysis
- Develop and manage financial and pricing models
- Growth, cost projections and profitability reports
- Collaborate on long-term growth plans
- Review broker commission calculations
- Partner with outsourced finance consultant on finance function
- Plan for migrating the finance function in-house for 2020
- Review monthly accounting transactions for accuracy
- Research for ERP system conversions
- Build a finance team as needed and train/develop department staff
- HR functions including on-boarding, expense reporting and creating a handbook
- Bachelor's Degree required, CPA/MBA/CFA preferred.
- 10-15+ years relevant CPG or food experience
- Start-up experience a plus
- Quickbooks and ERP experience
- Creative thinker with the ability to work in an entrepreneurial, dynamic environment
Equal opportunity employer.