We are running a retained Chief Financial Officer (CFO) search for a hyper-growth startup that has over $100M+ in funding.
Resolute character, drive, accountability, and the experience to lead and mentor a growing organization are integral parts of this key role. The ideal candidate will be able to piece together data from a variety of work streams to build a complete picture of where the business is both on revenue and a cost basis, leading the combined teams to improve on our already amazing culture and business results. This individual will serve as a key member of the executive leadership team and drive all strategic planning, financial planning, business modeling, forecasting and management reporting activities in close partnership with the CEO.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Lead financial operations across the organization, partnering with leadership to develop and implement strategic business plans and operating initiatives.
- Oversee the accounting and FP&A team
- Partner cross-functionally to provide a breadth of insight and financial decision support.
- Lead management reporting, including KPI's, dashboards, business trends and performance vs plan/forecast.
- Responsible for supporting the growth, while managing the company's operating model, forecasting process, and developing key business insights.
- Own investor due diligence, board packages, and run monthly financial business processes.
- Create analyses, commentary and presentation materials for Board meetings.
- Driving performance measures for the operation (including a consideration of efficiency versus effectiveness), often in the form of dashboards convenient for review of high-level key indicators
- Deliver weekly financial updates, monthly performance analyses and quarterly rolling forecast.
- Provide any potential; M&A due diligence support; develop financial models for strategic initiatives.
- Work closely with the Executive leadership team on daily operations and major business transactions
- 10+ years of increasing fiscal responsibility, with a minimum of 3 years of experience leading financial operations in an investor backed, SaaS or FinTech environment.
- BA/BS in Finance, Business Administration, or other relevant degrees.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Demonstrated success working in a fast-paced, swiftly changing startup-like environment.
- Knowledge and experience in developing the finance and reporting infrastructure and systems to scale a SaaS or FinTech business
- Well-versed in both the theory and practice of building revenue and expense forecasts
- Partner and support a leadership team in driving results with empathy, judgment and accountability.
- Experience working for an organization operating in multiple locations