Our client, a fully vertical cannabis company with cultivation, manufacturing, and national distribution channels, has an immediate need for a VP Finance/CFO based in Oakland, CA. The ideal candidate for this role has successful experience raising financial capital, working with VC firms, and facilitating mergers and acquisitions.
- Manage a small team of finance and accounting professionals, using best practices to refine processes and controls
- Communicate, engage and interact with Board of Directors, CEO, COO and Executive leadership team
- Select and engage consultants, auditors and investors
- Represent company to banks, financial partners, institutions, investors, public auditors and officials
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA and/or MBA preferred
- 12+ years of Accounting experience, with 3-5+ years of experience in a similar VP Finance or CFO role
- Experience with early growth stage organizations, preferably within a highly-regulated industry