The Driver is responsible for driving and transporting participants around the community and to medical appointments as needed. Merrimack Valley float. This position is Monday thru Friday, 8-4pm
- Transports participants around the community, to and from medical appointments and other outside appointments, as necessary.
- Assists participants to and from the van for all pickups and drop offs.
- Uses preventative measures to maintain vehicles’ interior and exterior on a consistent basis to ensure safe transportation.
- Notifies the Director immediately of any incidents out of the ordinary, client injuries, client falls, or accidents.
- Works with Supervisor of Drivers to identify specific needs of each participant.
- Removes snow around surrounding area of vans during the winter months to ensure client safety and the safe operation of the van.
- Assists the Day Care Center Staff with local activities and other duties, as needed.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Valid state Drivers License from the state of residence
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to pass a DOT Physical and DOT mandated driver training
- Be CPR and First Aid Certified
- Able to physically move and maneuver participants in a wheelchair
- Must be a responsible, flexible team player with good communication and interpersonal skills.