Under direction of the Chief Operating Officer, responsible for achieving Isiah Imports objectives and targets by implementing strategies and tactics to achieve profitable long-term growth. Work with Distributor, Control State and In-House Sales team to drive sales and increase market share.
- Working in Alcohol industry (champagne importing ideal).
- Superior understanding of 3-Tier System.
- Working with distributors, warehouses and clearing house.
- Selling of premium/luxury alcohol.
- Work with contacts and ability to identify immediate sales.
- Understanding of TTB and knowledge of sales/marketing/promotions and federal/state laws.
- Drive brand success via leadership selling and actively supporting the selling efforts of sales reps, distributors and key referrals.
- Drive market share and visibility with on and off-premise accounts, driving displays, size distribution, menu placements, shelf management and other.
- Responsible for creating and implementing execution plans to maximize sales.
- Develop and implement sales and promotional plan.
- Monitor field implementation and execution of programs within assigned accounts to ensure merchandising excellence.
- Produce weekly and monthly sales and inventory reports.
- Provide detailed tracking reports of wholesaler performance against agreed-to supplier objectives.
- Develop key account relationships that deliver measurable results.
- Work with key assigned teams to deliver monthly goals (work-withs, product training, samples, etc.)
- Create, coordinate and attend on-site promotional and charitable functions at established customer accounts (e.g. events, managed bar nights, mixology events, and trade tastings).
- Analyze brand performance, brand competitiveness and product trends in marketplace and develop strategies for assigned brand based on research and analysis.
- Lead all pricing review meetings.
- Lead Quarterly Business Reviews.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complies with applicable job-related local, state, and federal regulations.
- Experience in Alcohol industry.
- Ability to multi-task and complete assignments that sometimes occur in a stressful environment.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Program evaluation experience helpful.
- Promotes positive customer relations.
- Experience working with Food and Beverage Managers.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR CERTIFICATION
- Bachelor’s degree (BA) or equivalent in a related field of study from a four year accredited college or university.
- Minimum five (5) years sales or related work experience.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of applicable national, state and local rules, regulations, statutes, policies and procedures regarding liquor laws/distribution.
- Knowledge of trade practices and policies of Liquor Control Commission.
- Ability to write and develop appropriate policies and procedures for operations and compliance, organizational and problem-solving skills with a demonstrated attention to detail.
- Ability to write and proofread materials for accuracy.
- Demonstrated computer literacy including knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access and related applications.
- Organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities.
- Ability to communicate in oral and written forms and interact appropriately with the general public.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently.
- Customer relations skills.
- Demonstrated punctuality and reliability.
- Ability to produce clear, accurate and timely reports.
- Comprehensive understanding of spirits to include merchandising and competitive set.
- Ability to adapt and can assist a variety of internal customer groups and varying personality types, especially on premise operators.
- Strong negotiation skills: demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Ability to create and sell innovative ideas.
- Goal orientated, focused and assertive individual who needs little direction or supervision.
- Ability to work flexible hours which include early morning, evenings, and/or weekends.
- Ability to work overnight travel as required.
EQUIPMENT AND SYSTEMS OPERATED
- Personal computer and peripherals
- Adobe Suite: In Design, Photo Shop, Illustrator, Microsoft Office and Excel.