Our client, a Fortune 50 global leader in the financial services industry is hiring a Non- Financial Regulatory Reporting Initiatives and Remediation Project Manager to join their team in Charlotte, NC or Jacksonville, FL.
Position Description As part of the larger Global Technology & Operations (GT&O) organization supporting the US, Canada and Latin America, the Non-Financial Regulatory Reporting team (AMRS NFRR team) governs and manages operational risk (people, process, systems and external event risks) and controls across various Technology, Banking and Markets operations units in the Americas. A strong balance of Global Banking and Markets process knowledge, creativity, relationship building, communication skills, execution focus and tenacity are important for success in this role.
The person in this role engages with business partners and technology to analyze, document and remediate issue management for Specific equity NFRR reporting by, utilizing sound process improvement models, risk/change management knowledge, and applying business process knowledge. Influences design or redesign of processes or projects integrating best practices in process design with a focus on continuous risk identification and mitigation. Builds action plans and drives execution while creating metrics and reporting structure to provide visibility into the overall reporting process.
The Non-Financial Regulatory Reporting (NFRR) Equity Reporting change manager role is part of the AMRS GT&O NFRR team. Supporting GT&O front line unit leaders in implementation and ongoing management of changes, remediation, initiatives and governance in NFRR space, including:
- Engages with business partners to analyze, implement and update controls around NFRRs by utilizing sound process improvement models, risk management knowledge, and applying business process knowledge.
- Influences design or redesign of processes or projects integrating best practices in process design with a focus on continuous risk identification and mitigation.
- Builds action plans and drives execution while creating metrics and reporting structure to provide visibility into the overall health of the AMRS NFRR portfolio of reports.
Key Responsibilities Include:
The Non-Financial Regulatory Reporting (NFRR) Initiatives & Remediation role is part of the AMRS Global Technology & Operations NFRR team.
The role supports Global Technology & Operations front line unit leaders in implementation and ongoing management of changes, remediation, initiatives in NFRR space, including:
- Key subject matter expert contact for NFRR Program related Initiatives / Changes / Remediation o Work with a team to address exceptions in Equity regulatory reporting (OATS)
- o Identify root cause and document issues needing remediation, either operational or technical
o Ensure changes in laws, rules and regulations are evaluated for impact to relevant reports, plan for implementation of change is developed, implemented and tracked
o Understanding of the enterprise (EDM) standards for data management
o Identify change / implementation risks and ensure they are socialized, remediated and are signed off by the respective stakeholders
o Communicate project risks and go to green plans to business leaders and governance team
o Work with report owners to facilitate implementation of changes
- Enhance issue management process for NFRR reporting / sustainability
- o Research root cause, document and remediate (where possible) pre-submission failures, post submission rejects, unmatched and unlinked items
o Release management for OATS reporting (UAT testing, regression testing, test script and BRD preparation)
o Work with compliance to analyze and respond to regulatory inquiries
o Assist in responding to client inquiries regarding reporting exceptions
- Challenge, track and escalate NFRR report timeliness, accuracy and completeness issues and control gap remediation
- o Inspecting, challenging and reporting NFRR report-level QA (Quality Assurance) in place
o Helping enhance QA currently in place or assist in creation where none exists
- Provide Regulatory Reporting Risk subject matter expertise for Technology & Operations areas
- Develop and maintain relationships with Operations, Technology, Audit, Compliance and other control groups
Project Managers with the following Key Experience will be considered:
- Global Banking and Markets process / business knowledge / Equity Securities
- Banking / Markets experience in Operations, Compliance, Audit, Risk or Technology
- Experience managing projects / initiatives
- Experience with application migrations (QA, functionality testing, identifying / prioritizing enhancements)
- Experience analyzing and documenting business processes and developing solutions
- Experience in regulatory reporting processes
- Skilled in developing and executing user acceptance test scripts and defect management
- Critical thinking/analytical skills, challenge mindset
- Strong ability to document information and metrics in a concise, accurate and well-presented manner
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build relationships at all levels
- Ability to work within a team environment, prioritize work-load and to adhere to deadlines
- Highly adaptable to change and well organized
- Strong MS Office skills, particularly Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint