The Channel Manager wins, maintains, and expands relationships with assigned channel partners. Assigned to channel partners based on geography, channel, or market, the Channel Manager is responsible for achieving sales, profitability, and partner recruitment objectives. The Channel Manager represents the entire range of company products and services to assigned partners though may focus on a specific solution or product set such as TPx's UCx Unified Communications. The Channel Manager reports to the Vice President of Channel Sales.
Reports to VP Channel Sales
Base of Self-created Channel partners
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establishes productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned partner accounts.
- Coordinates the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet partner performance objectives and partners’ expectations.
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned partner accounts.
- Proactively leads a defined joint partner onboarding planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones associated with a productive partner relationship.
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates partner needs on an ongoing basis.
- Sells for, with and through partner organizations to end users in coordination with partner sales resources.
- Manages potential channel conflict with other firm sales channels by fostering excellent communication internally and externally, and through strict adherence to channel rules of engagement.
- Leads solution development efforts that best address end user needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company and partner personnel.
- Ensures partner compliance with partner agreements.
- Drives adoption of company programs among assigned partners.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Sales and Marketing is preferred;
- Four or more (4+) years of channel sales experience in a business to-business sales environment.
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to excel in a team oriented atmosphere.
- Solid math skills and the ability to analyze order and forecast data
- Strong written/verbal communications skills including experience dealing directly with customers.
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office.
- High degree of flexibility in handling assignments and the ability to adapt to change in the work environment.
- Capable of working in a fast-past environment.
- Must be detail oriented and a highly organized team player
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Personal computer, including word-processing, database and spreadsheet programs; calculator, telephone, copy and fax machine.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position requires regional extensive travel and remote work as well as office time While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
Formal application, rating of education and experience; oral interviews and reference check; job related tests may be required.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.