Seeking a driven Retirement Solutions Channel Marketing Manager to join our Global Marketing organization. The Channel Marketing team partners with Legg Mason's sales distribution and is responsible for the development and execution of a marketing strategy designed to drive flows, cultivate client relationships, and build brand awareness for the Legg Mason (LM) product platform. The Channel Marketing team oversees the end-to-end client experience and works with all related functions to achieve a seamless journey of engagement.
Position can be based out of Stamford, CT, New York, NY or Baltimore, MD.
- Assist in the creation and execution of a comprehensive marketing strategy for the Retirement Solutions channel that is consistent with the priorities across national account and sales leadership for Legg Mason’s DCIO and VA distribution channels.
- Support the implement of this strategy via defined engagement, including: Marketing Content Creation, Email Campaigns, Digital Touchpoints, and Launch plans for new mandates on DCIO & VA partner platforms
- Build relationships with the DCIO and VA sales team and National Account team to execute on joint priorities and strategic plans, providing training on how and when to use specific marketing tools and providing them with the actionable insights created from marketing engagement.
- Assist in management of marketing relationships with external clients and align marketing efforts with respective themes and goals to strengthen relationships and maximize awareness of Legg Mason product offerings and value-added programs.
- Support the Head of Retirement Marketing on key initiatives.
- Participation in strategic partner-firm and industry events.
- Work to maintain a deep understanding of the sales process, the investment industry, and our insurance and DCIO recordkeeping clients, including their key priorities and challenges.
- Contribute to an effective process of marketing production that incorporates special consideration of how best to leverage resources and accomplish goals in the most affordable manner possible.
- Participate in an environment of open communication, collaboration, and adaptability and be a model of those behaviors in all interactions with our marketing and sales counterparts.
- Seek opportunities to leverage data to inform our best practices of engagement and help to identify ways in which to grow the business through marketing led initiatives.
- 5-7 years’ marketing or sales experience within financial services; DCIO and VA experience preferred.
- Ability to create marketing strategies and understand marketing’s role in enabling overall business goals.
- Ability to collaborate and contribute unselfishly within a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and client relationship skills.
- Understanding of marketing production process (including compliance).
- Excellent knowledge of the asset management, including a technical understanding of investments.
- Knowledge of the insurance and retirement industries, including their unique sales processes.
- Excellent writing, grammar and communication skills.
- Analytical skills and an understanding of how to apply them to marketing efforts.
- Strong project management, organizational and execution skills with high attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize multiple, multi-faceted projects concurrently.
- Ability to work under pressure delivering to tight deadlines.
- A drive to continuing learning, seeking out opportunities both internally and externally to stay currently on trends and new innovations.
- Self-motivated and disciplined in establishing objectives, working independently to achieve them, seeking manager's input as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Marketing certifications a plus
Legg Mason is a leading global asset management firm that offers rewarding career opportunities for individuals who share our core values: integrity, collaboration, and accountability. We have a presence in every major financial center across the globe, and we look for exceptional professionals who want to shape a rewarding career through intellectual curiosity, leadership, and team-oriented approach. If you are passionate about the investment business and about building your future with one of the industry's premier firms, consider the opportunities at Legg Mason today.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive pay and benefits, including medical, 401K with match, profit sharing, and more
- A culture where continuous improvement, innovation, and growth are top of mind, and diversity & inclusion is paramount
- Extensive paid time off, including 12 weeks' paid parental leave for ALL full-time regular employees
- A learning culture that supports learning and development; employees are allotted $8,000 per year to learn and grow via our SEED Program (Skills, Education, Enrichment, and Development)
- Company-provided Care.com membership
- Dress for your Day dress code