Chaplain - Hospice
Job Number: 233149
Job Category: Spiritual/Mission/Pastoral Care
Providence is calling a Chaplain (Hospice, Day Shift, 1.0 FTE) to Providence Hospice Sound in Chehalis, Washington. Hospice caregivers will tell you what a privilege it is to care for patients and their families at the end of their lives. We get to see people where they reside and focus on their goals and improving the quality of their lives. If you are interested in a rewarding career, Providence Hospice might be the opportunity you are looking for! We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
The schedule for this position is Monday through Friday, 8:00AM to 4:30PM. There is an on-call component as well.
In this position you will:
- Provide spiritual services to patients and families including a spiritual assessment and reassessment, spiritual counseling, spiritual emotional support direct care to ministers, clergy, rabbis as appropriate.
- Participate in presentation of Chaplaincy services.
- Promote and practice patient/family, personal, and environmental safety while performing job duties according to agency policies and procedures.
- Participate in relevant educational activities to provide competent spiritual care to patients/caregivers and to seek personal and professional growth.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Certification withe the National Association of Catholic Chaplains (NACC), the Association of Professional Chaplains (APC), Association for Clinical Pastoral Education (ACPE), American Association of Pastoral Counselors, or meet the requirements of their faith community for Chaplain.
- Valid driver's license.
- Four units of Clinical Pastoral Education within two years of hire.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Four units of Clinical Pastoral Education.
About the ministry you will serve.
Our Mission is to improve the quality of life of our community by providing professional, compassionate, quality care, in appropriate settings, enabling individuals and families to manage health care problems and life-threatening illnesses. The wide-ranging care we provide includes the service of physicians, registered nurses, CWCN registered nurse wound care specialists, medical social workers, rehabilitation therapists, home health aides, chaplains and volunteers.
Our Inpatient Hospice Care Center provides a unique alternative to traditional home-based care for hospice patients who need symptom management which cannot be provided in the home. The center serves patients in the hospital and offers the community a complete continuum of hospice care.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details —http://www.providenceiscalling.jobs/rewards-benefits
Our Mission As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
About Us Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago.Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression,sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.