A large technical client of ours is expanding its Character Team and is looking for a passionate Gameplay Programmer. As a Gameplay Programmer, you will be responsible for prototyping new character functionality and developing compelling NPC behaviors. The ideal candidate will be able to collaborate closely with artists and designers to deliver solid, performant code in a AAA game engine. You will also be responsible for leveraging AI, Animation, and Audio systems core to all of our characters.
- Help develop NPC combat behaviors in cooperation with artists and designers.
- Create gameplay mechanics that support new character development.
- Create well architected systems that encourage rapid iteration.
- Debug and optimize key areas of code (not just your own).
- Experience shipping a game as a Gameplay Programmer.
- 2+ years of professional C++ experience.
- Strong debugging and optimization skills.
- Cross-team communication skills. You must work well with creatives (e.g. artists and game designers).
- Development in a networked, multiplayer environment.
- Experience developing gameplay mechanics for real-time action games.
- An amazing passion for creating games.