Under the direction of the Clinical Nurse Manager, the Charge Nurse will be responsible for performing a variety of administrative duties and assuring patient care services are being met, as well as supervising nurses, medical assistants and other staff for their assigned team. This role will maintain a professional standard of nursing practice and leadership and implement a team-based approach to health care and assure or provide quality nursing care to clinic patients while ensuring continuity and optimum care. The Charge Nurse provides nursing services at the top of the incumbent’s license to patients in accordance with all applicable Massachusetts State Laws as well as regulations promulgated by the Department of Public Health and Harbor Health Services, Inc. We are seeking a Charge Nurse to lead our team in the Family Medicine Dept at the Daniel Driscoll-Neponset Health Center.
• Provides professional & technical supervision to clinic support staff.
• Prepares clinic staff schedule and manages patient flow in the clinic.
• Reviews staffing levels of the day to accommodate the schedule by reviewing overtime and schedule changes for staff and approving them with Clinical Nurse Manager when necessary.
• Reconciles and approves staff payroll and approves or declines requests for time off as appropriate
• Performs annual reviews, disciplinary and off-boarding process. Documents/ evaluates the performance of the nurses, medical assistants and any clinic staff under their supervision when required.
• Provides nursing support of clinical sessions including triage, access and case management.
• Monitors and coordinates orders for supplies and medications with HHSI purchasing team as needed.
• Monitors and coordinates monthly compliance logs in adherence with regulatory requirements.
• Assists the Clinical Nurse Manager in developing and implementing educational programs for nurses and staff.
• On-boards and trains of new staff.
• In partnership with the Clinical Nurse Manager, completes annual clinical competencies for staff.
• Attends meetings as needed and assists in budgeting process and variance reporting as required.
• Coordinates team meetings with Practice leadership
• Monitors needs for repairs and or replacement of equipment.
• Precepts nursing and medical assistant students as needed.
Required/Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
• Successful completing of a nursing program, BSN preferred.
• Current MA RN License, CPR/BLS.
• 1 year of experience in a clinical setting providing direct nursing care (required) and experience with management of staff (preferred).
• Experience in a community health and/or ambulatory setting.
• Basic computer literacy (basic knowledge of keyboarding, and use of the mouse, scheduling software, principals of windows and Microsoft Office)
• Experience in case management.
• Excellent customer service skills, verbal and written communications skills
• Ability to effectively work within both a team setting and independently.
• Ability to work effectively with economically, racially and linguistically diverse customers.
Harbor Health Is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D.
- Flexible Schedules
- Life Insurance
- Employee Events
- Professional Development
- Paid sick days
- Employee Referral Program
- Paid Holidays
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Vacation/paid time off
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Long Term Disability
Public / Community Health Nurse