One of the nation’s largest and most respected hospital companies, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Steadily growing from a startup to an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenue nearing $10 billion. In 2017, UHS was recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; ranked #276 on the Fortune 500, and listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America’s Top 500 Public Companies.
Our operating philosophy is as effective today as it was 40 years ago: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 81,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates more than 320 acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom.
What do our current nurses value at UHS?
An environment that puts patient care first. One of the most rewarding aspects of working as a Charge Nurse (RN) is providing excellent care, comfort, and security to patients and families you treat, at their most vulnerable times. Having the opportunity to grow, learn, and advance in your career. There are very robust continuing education options and opportunities for leadership development as a Charge Nurse (RN) with UHS. Supportive and responsive leadership. Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
Havenwyck Hospital is a 243 bed, Joint Commission accredited and licensed psychiatric and substance abuse facility. We specializing in providing behavioral health and substance abuse treatment and are located in Auburn Hills overlooking Lake Galloway. For more information, please visit our website at havenwyckhospital.com.
Mission Statement: To provide individualized, quality behavioral health care, in a safe and secure environment where dignity and respect are upheld by our team of dedicated, caring, professional staff, in a cost-effective manner.
Havenwyck Hospital is seeking a dynamic and talented Charge Nurse (RN) to join our team of compassionate, dedicated professionals.
The Charge Nurse is responsible for quality nursing care and overall supervision of nursing staff members for a particular Hospital shift.
Charge Nurse (RN) duties include but are not limited to:
- Adjust staffing as needed to ensure proper coverage according to designates staff/patient ratios in collaboration with Nurse Manager.
- Responsible for personally covering a shift if adequate staffing cannot be found.
- Monitors and evaluates nursing care given.
- Participates with the Nurse Manager and other nursing managers in the development of therapeutic programs for the unit.
- Participates in orientation program for new employees and in-service education for shift employees when needed.
- Serves as a preceptor for new employees, or coordinates orientation with the preceptor designated by the Nurse Manager.
- Receives the intake information and verifies the admission with the physician and Intake department.
Charge Nurse (RN) Job Requirements:
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing required.
- Current and valid Registered Nurse (RN) license in the State of Michigan required.
- Bachelors degree in nursing preferred.
- Three to five years of psychiatric experience with one to two years of management experience preferred.
- Current certification in Non-violent Crisis Intervention preferred.
- Current certification in BLS/CPR required.
This opportunity provides the following:
- Meaningful work, saving patient lives
- Healthy, respectful and team-based work environment
- Growth and development opportunities within UHS and its subsidiaries
- Competitive Compensation
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Student Loan Refinancing Program
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plan
- 401k plan with company match
UHS is a registered trademark of UHS of Delaware, Inc., the management company for Universal Health Services, Inc. and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc. Universal Health Services, Inc. is a holding company and operates through its subsidiaries including its management company, UHS of Delaware, Inc. All healthcare and management operations are conducted by subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc. To the extent any reference to “UHS or UHS facilities” on this website including any statements, articles or other publications contained herein relates to our healthcare or management operations it is referring to Universal Health Services’ subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Further, the terms “we,” “us,” “our” or “the company” in such context similarly refer to the operations of Universal Health Services’ subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Any employment referenced in this website is not with Universal Health Services, Inc. but solely with one of its subsidiaries including but not limited to UHS of Delaware, Inc.
UHS is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS via- email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other means.