Charge Nurse Medical Surgical AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Location Address: 9100 W. 74th Street Shawnee Mission, KS 66204
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
- Providing faith-based, whole person care to Kansas City since 1962
- Excellent health benefits, an onsite child care center and fitness facility
- Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
- Employee Referral Program
- Largest health care provider in Johnson County with three campuses
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Use independent judgment to make effective recommendations regarding the adjustment/resolution of complaints, concerns, and problems of supervised staff regarding work assignments, hours of work, overtime scheduling and other work-related matters.
- Use independent judgment to recommend evaluation results of supervised employees, inclusive of promotion, rewards and recognition, performance improvement opportunities and termination.
- Demonstrate clinical competence utilizing the nursing process (assess, plan, intervention, evaluation).
- Assess and intervene in critical situations involving patients, staff and visitors and consult with manager or administration for guidance as necessary.
- Implement appropriate actions to respond to the needs of patients and their families/support system.
- Ensure that patient care activities are completed according to policy and within the appropriate timeframe.
- Demonstrate knowledge of clinical practice standards in order to serve as a resource to staff.
- Respond appropriately to emergent situations with appropriate notification of leadership as necessary.
- Assess and communicate staff development needs to the manager.
What You Will Need:
- Associate’s Degree in Nursing
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or obtained within 4 years of employment
- Kansas Registered Nurse License
- BCLS obtained through the American Heart Association
The Charge Registered Nurse (RN) is an experienced RN, who in addition to providing direct patient care is accountable for facilitating a multidisciplinary approach to patient care, patient flow, staffing, resource utilization and problem solving for a specific patient care department. . The Charge RN collaborates with patients/customers, families, physicians, administration and associates to meet customer needs, provide safe patient care, evaluate the interventions provided and forecast resource needs to meet patient care needs on an ongoing basis.
The Charge RN serves as a role model for the mission, vision and values of Shawnee Mission Health. S/he uses critical thinking skills and the nursing process to insure optimal patient outcomes. S/he facilitates the tone of the work environment and assures that all personnel are competent, adhere to all policies of the department and organization and adhere to all behavior standards of Shawnee Mission Health.