DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
HCA Houston Healthcare West – Houston, TX
Charge Nurse Intensive Care Unit (ICU) – Houston, TX
HCA Houston Healthcare West is a full-service hospital with 266 license beds that provides a range of health services.
It is recognized as a Certified Primary Stroke Center by the Joint Commission and, under an affiliation agreement with The Woman’s Hospital of Texas, brings to its community The Woman’s Hospital of Texas at West Houston, a three-story cardiac and critical care tower. The Sugar Land Cancer Center and the Sugar Land Diagnostic Center, departments with HCA Houston Healthcare West, are located on the Southwest Freeway at the Williams Trace and Sugar Lakes exit.
For more information, visit our website at www.HCAhoustonhealthcare.com. HCA Houston Healthcare West is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division.
The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center. For more information, visit www.HCAGulfCoast.com
- Performs patient assessments in accordance with standards of care with documentation of these assessments as a basis for planning of each patient’s care.
- Formulates a plan of care for each patient based on nursing diagnoses/patient problems derived from patient assessments.
- Delegates nursing care activities to members of the nursing team based on patient care needs and competencies of available nursing staff as necessary.
- Communicates information appropriately with Medical Staff and other members of the health care team to promote continuity of care and attainment of patient expected outcomes.
- Adapts teaching to the age, developmental level, and cognition state of each patient to promote maximum understanding.
- Encourages patient or family to make decisions regarding their care where appropriate.
- Facilitates patient self-care when appropriate.
- Utilizes specialized equipment in the provision of patient care services safely and effectively.
- Bases professional actions on clinical judgment. Adapts patient care to individual patient needs and staff competencies.
- Communicates effectively with the Charge Nurse, Manager and Director to ensure that problems or opportunities to improve unit activities are addressed.
- Consistently provides outstanding service to all patient’s, physician’s, fellow employees, and guests as appropriate to position.
- Actively participates in department committees and group meetings with a focus on providing input to improve the quality of services.
- Consistently demonstrates behavior which reflects that working as a team is more important than self interest.
- Protects confidentiality of patients/co-workers, respecting their dignity, privacy, and differences.
- Completes other activities as assigned
- Adheres to the customer service principles of West Houston Medical Center
- Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing is required.
- 3 year of Critical Care experience in a hospital facility
- Plus 2 year of Charge Nurse Experience in Hospital facility
- Current licensure in Texas as a Registered Nurse.
- BLS /ACLS from the American Heart Association.
- Certification in critical care nursing--i.e., CCRN--preferred
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our Talent Acquisition Team. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.