Charge Nurse - Labor & Delivery - Nights
Central Texas Medical Center
Location Address: 1301 Wonder World Dr., San Marcos, TX 78666
Top Reasons to Work At Central Texas Medical Center, San Marcos, TX
- Live in the Texas Hill Country that includes small towns and big appetites within a 30 minute drive to Austin and also includes living near the San Marcos River for tons of aquatic fun.
- Located near Colleges and Universities to expand your career by offering Tuition reimbursement and includes many low-cost living environment choices.
- CTMC's CREATION Health Institute was created to provide information, education, health screenings and events that emphasize a healthy lifestyle. Offerings such as HealthCheck, disease management, support groups, women's health, nutrition, healthy living for seniors and children's health are provided to the public for free or a minimal fee.
- LeapFrog grade “A” for patient safety and prides itself in safety for all patients, visitors and employees. Also, recognized for a 6th year of “Most Wired Health System”, Click here to review other prestigious awards: http://www.ctmc.org/about-us/awards-and-recognitions
- Support the spiritual state of mind of the patient by praying with them and educating families during visits to explain the important element of the healing process.
Full Time Nights
7a-3p = base wage
3p-11p = base wage plus 6%
11p-7a = base wage plus 15%
Weekends are another 10% on top of the above
7a-3p = base wage plus 10%
3p-11p = base wage plus 6% plus 10%
11p-7a = base wage plus 15% plus 10%
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. In conducting these activities the Charge Nurse will exercise independent judgment and discretion in the interest of Central Texas Medical Center. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
· The registered nurse is responsible for assessing, evaluating, implementing and planning patient centered care for all assigned patients on the unit during his/her shift, according to the standards of care of Central Texas Medical Center. Is able to perform basic and advanced nursing functions in all care areas.
· Actively participates in continuous quality improvement.
· Directs the work of RNs, LVNs, CNAs, unit clerk and students on Women’s Services. Manages all assigned personnel, supplies and equipment and promotes and participates in teamwork with physicians and personnel of this and other departments.
· Follows all departmental safety policies and procedures regarding patient care and one’s personal protection and patient safety. Develops self professionally and participates in hospital and departmental activities.Qualifications
What You Will Need:
· Minimum of one year related experience and/or training in Antepartum, Labor and Delivery, Mother-Baby Unit, Nursery/NICU.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing and/or RNC in specialty field or obtain within 1 year of hire.
· Current certificate in BCLS.
· Current certificate in NRP or obtain within 3 months of hire.
· Current certificate in STABLE or obtain within 3 months of hire.
· Current ACLS required or obtain within 6 months of hire.
· Current AWHONN approved Fetal Monitoring certificate.
· Current license or be eligible for license as an RN in the state of Texas.
To provide nursing services, regardless of the age, disability, economic status, gender, national origin, race, religion or health problems of the client served.
Associate remains flexible to changing systems, is expected to demonstrate quality and effectiveness in work habits and treats staff, physician, patients and families with consideration and respect.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.