Community Health Action of Staten Island (CHASI) has been a trusted source for high-quality health and social services on Staten Island since 1988. CHASI breaks down the barriers to care by providing access to an extensive range of high-quality behavioral health care, and social support services � all coordinated and tailored to patient needs. Some examples of our programs include but are not limited to: Health Homes, SI Cares, HIV Care Coordination, Substance Use Disorders, and Domestic Violence. CHASI takes great pride in bringing communities back to health.
The Registered Nurse provides health assessments and care connection services from our community Food Pantry. This position works in a grant funded program conducting health screenings and education sessions to clients specifically related to diabetes and blood pressure. The Nurse is also responsible for referring clients to appropriate physicians and benefits services and following up with clients to ensure linkage to care and provide health re-screenings, as needed.
Working hours: Tuesday 9:00am-3:00pm, Wednesday 11:00am-5:00pm, Friday 12pm-6pm and Saturday 9am-3pm. (Fully benefits eligible)
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct agency intake and perform focused nursing assessment.
- Provide client-specific education pertinent to wellness, diabetes and blood pressure.
- Complete medication review and education as needed.
- Identify client�s social needs and refer to available resources (SNAP, Insurance needs, Addiction treatment, Domestic Violence services, Housing, etc.)
- Document all services provided into database in timely manner.
- Provide telephonic care management and linkages to medical and supportive services.
- Adhere to accepted infection control practices.
- Provide support and expertise to ancillary staff as needed.
- NYS Registered Professional Nurse License required.
- Bilingual Spanish preferred.
- Minimum 2 years experience in the social service field.
- Minimum 2 years experience providing care to individuals with physical and mental health needs.