Community Health Action of Staten Island (CHASI) has been a trusted source for high-quality health and social services on Staten Island since 1988. CHASI breaks down the barriers to care by providing access to an extensive range of high-quality behavioral health care, and social support services � all coordinated and tailored to patient needs. Some examples of our programs include but are not limited to: Health Homes, SI Cares, HIV Care Coordination, Substance Use Disorders, and Domestic Violence. CHASI takes great pride in bringing communities back to health.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Health Educator provides health education services, including assessment, care planning, individual and group counseling.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate and facilitate individual and treatment education
- Responsible for the timely completion of health literacy documentation, including the Assessment, Reassessment, Care Plans, and Discharge Summary and all documentation as assigned
- Conduct service delivery in clients home or other alternate location
- Facilitate group interventions
- Coordinate and conduct program outreach, overseeing the Peer Navigator and outreach peers.
- Serves as coordinating member of the clients interdisciplinary team
- Work collaboratively with Care Manager
- Health promotion in self-management of HIV and AIDS
- Conduct services in the field, including partnering agencies, medical facilities and at home visits.
- Provide information about maintaining and increasing health and wellness
- Responsible for the recording and tracking of primary care status measures for assigned clients
- Bachelor degree in related field with 2 years of experience working in the field of HIV/AIDS, behavioral health, substance abuse, or chronic illness.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Minimum 2 year experience developing and facilitating health education.