The Siren Song Winery and Restaurant is hiring a full-time Chef for our winery and restaurant in Lake Chelan Wine Country. The chef will lead our culinary team, run our kitchen, and develop menus for our restaurant, and manage catering for our onsite events and weddings. We offer competitive salary, health benefits, and a beautiful working environment for the right candidate.
- Hire, supervise, and coordinate line cooks and other food preparation workers
- Work with Executive Chef, Pastry Chef, Event Manager, and/or GM to develop menus and culinary driven events
- Create, refine, document, and train on recipes and plating strategies
- Ensure all recipes and plating techniques are documented, trained, prepared and plated consistently
- Track and manage food costs and ensjure consistent portioning
- Use Siren Song tools to monitor and manage prep quantities and inventory
- Execute weekly inventory and ordering
- Oversee daily aspects of kitchen operations from opening to closing
- Oversee that checklist items are completed in a quality way for every shift
- Check, secure, label, and date food and ingredients to ensure freshness and minimize waste
- Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas for cleanliness and functionality
- Monitor sanitation practices and ensure that kitchen safety standards are followed.
- Identify prep requirements and assign prep tasks
- Maintain the highest level of hygiene, health standards, and uniform code
- Attend staff meetings, support staff scheduling
- You must be at least 21 years old, have a social security card, and a valid driver’s license.
- Be physically capable of standing and assisting customers for several hours each day.
- Be physically capable of lifting and carrying 40 pounds.
- Be physically capable of carrying trays with wine stems and plates.
- Be able to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES/TRACK RECORD
- Evangelist: Able to evangelize our products, events, and our winery.
- Work Ethic: Willing to roll-up the sleeves and go the extra mile.
- Enthusiastic: Friendly, outgoing, and social personality.
- Passionate: Enjoy cooking, experimenting, learning, and serving
- Honesty and High Integrity: Earn the respect and trust of guests, customers, and the winery team.
- Communicator and Team Player: Excellent listener; proven collaborator with the winery team.
- Multi-tasking: Ability to successfully handle multiple customers and coordinate with other members of the winery team.
- Creative Thinker: Resourceful, figure-it-out-and-get-it-done mentality.
Employment Type: Full Time
Years Experience: 5 - 10 years
Salary: $60,000 - $100,000 Annual