Enlivant is seeking a Cook
at Wayman Place in Longwood, FL
We believe taking care of America’s aging population is not only a moral obligation but a true honor and privilege. With over 230 communities, we are striving to be the nation’s most trusted senior living provider. Our staff treats residents like family and serves them with the utmost integrity and compassion.
We are a certified “Great Place to Work” and we believe in not only making an impact in our industry but also with our employees. Our Benefits Plan is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our workforce with competitive medical, dental, vision packages, and a 401k with a company match. We also offer a generous paid time off for eligible employees.
Development is one of our highest priorities and we provide personalized training, both face-to-face and online, to ensure employees are prepared for their roles. Through our Learning Management System (LMS), all employees have access to state-required regulatory courses, professional development and soft skills courses, and Continuing Education courses.
We invite you to start a rewarding career and make a difference in the lives of seniors today!
As the Cook, you will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the kitchen and presenting the highest quality meals according to individual resident dietary needs and state regulations. You will oversee the dining staff, maintain kitchen sanitation, and safety standards.
- Responsible for overall kitchen management including food ordering, receiving and inventory, budgeting, scheduling, and oversight of Dining Assistants
- Food preparation and plating
- Maintain kitchen sanitation and safety standards, ensuring that all work/storage areas are clean, free of hazards and properly managed
- Manage resident food preferences by capturing feedback from various residents and stakeholders
- Ensure compliance with state, local and regulatory agencies as they relate to the foodservice
- Additional duties as assigned
- A minimum of one (1) year culinary experience
- Experience with dining services in a Chef, Cook, Sous Chef or Dietary Aide role preferred
- Restaurant, food service or banquet experience helpful
- ServSafe Managers Certificate (obtain within 90 days of employment)
- Possess a High School diploma or GED
- Demonstrate understanding of state sanitation codes
- Ability to lift 30 pounds regularly and do the occasional heavy lifting (up to 50 pounds)
- The ability to stand for at least 80% of the scheduled shift
- The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time and work overtime as needed
- The ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position
- Experience in a senior living or skilled nursing culinary environment a plus
- Must align with our mission, vision, value