The Chef is responsible for all culinary activities for the restaurant. This position will oversee all activity in the kitchen, train personnel, plan menus, oversee product purchasing and manage culinary budget.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Make periodic and regular inspections of units to observe quality of food preparation and service; food appearance; and cleanliness and sanitation of production and service areas, equipment and employee appearance.
- Coordinate all training activities for kitchen, bakery, butcher shop and other production and service employees, including the identification and analysis of training needs and the design and implementation of programs to address these deficiencies.
- Develop recipes and portion specifications in accordance with consumer tastes, nutritional needs, product specifications, ease of preparation and established procedures and budgetary constraints; participate in other menu planning activities to include the determination of purchasing specifications, product and recipe testing and menu development.
- Assist operation managers as requested in areas such as plate presentation, special function menu planning and the design of new service areas.
- Prepare operational reports and analyses setting forth progress and adverse trends and make appropriate recommendations.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Business Acumen.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Presentation Skills.
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department
The work environment can be loud and busy. There are many kitchen hazards such as hot surfaces and liquids, sharp knives, and slippery floors.
The employee is required to stand for long periods as well as walk, bend and stoop. The position requires working taste buds, ability to smell, feel with fingers and visually inspect, including close and distance vision. The position requires ability to use arms, hands and manipulate fingers to reach, stir, measure, pour, cut, chop, dice, decorate, etc.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This position regularly requires long hours and weekend work.
Required Education and Experience
- Four years of progressive experience in high-volume food production or catering, or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience.
- Prior experience as a Chef.
- Prior experience training, purchasing and managing budgets.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principle functions of any position, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the general scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the work load, gain additional experience to further the individual's professional development. Equal Opportunity Employer: It is Graspa Consulting's policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, age, medical condition, marital status, military service, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by law.