Chem-Aqua Services General Manager
Date: Sep 26, 2020
Location:Irving, TX, US, 75062
Established, Entrepreneurial, Empowered…Explore the Opportunities!
Chem-Aqua Services General Manager
Chem-Aqua is the wholly owned water treatment subsidiary of NCH Corporation, a privately owned specialty chemicals, maintenance supplies, and services company with over $1 billion in annual sales. We need experienced talent for our growing Chem-Aqua technical team.
The Chem-Aqua Services General Manager will report to Senior Management providing support and direction for a team of Service Technicians and Service Dispatch Group. This position will directly manage Operations Manager, or field service team, and Dispatch Manager and associated team.
This Dallas-Fort Worth position offers an exciting opportunity with a diverse set of job duties and a range of opportunities for career advancement. Chem-Aqua has a culture that recognizes results, while embracing the importance of work/life balance. Join the Chem-Aqua team, where your initiative and contributions will be noticed and make a difference.
- Overall business unit direction and delivering profitability
- Presenting capital investment needs to senior management
- Organization of sales initiatives to drive sales growth
- Manage direct reports including 2 Field Service Supervisors and 1 Dispatch manager
- Support field sales teams in the area of direct customer sales of service offerings
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with business partners and acts as a liaison between services teams and the business partner
- Ensures employee adherence to Company/Services processes, policies and procedures to ensure service is provided safely with consistently high quality
- Lead business unit change across cross function and multi-departmental projects
- Participates in the development of metrics used to track value delivery
- May interfaces with vendors to understand whether vendor products will meet business requirements
- Travel to project locations, as needed
- Supervises daily activities of all operators and coordinates the activities of supervisors and dispatch personnel
- Monitors operational effectiveness with regards to crew scheduling
- Track, compile and analyze performance; handle interdepartmental issues; resolve employee issues and grievances; improve processes and scheduling
- Makes hiring decisions for authorized roles; evaluates the work performance of staff; ensures the timely and efficient completion of all assigned tasks
- Assists in accident/incident investigation, including any needed on-site assistance and support to safety and training personnel
- Coordinates with the safety and training department to ensure all safety goals and directives are met
- Perform other administrative related duties such as expense reports, compliance, maintenance files, and miscellaneous requests as assigned and based off of special projects given.
- Minimum high school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Mechanical Aptitude and/or related experience required
- Minimum 8 years Field Service Management experience required
- Highly polished phone and in-person presence, with the ability to problem solve on the fly
- MUST be very flexible, organized, able to manage multiple projects and able to work with all levels of staff
- MUST have a positive attitude, a commitment to client service and a willingness to support the office team with a variety of assignments
- Knowledgeable and proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to learn and maintain multiple software systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Prior customer-facing management experience REQUIRED
- Critical Judgment/Problem Solving
- Operation under fast-paced, stressful environment
- Customer Service/Interpersonal Skills
- Communication Skills/Professionalism
- Adaptability and Initiative
Chem-Aqua offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, matching 401(k) plan, paid vacation and holidays.
Equal opportunity employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Nearest Major Market: Irving
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Job Segment:General Manager, Field Sales, Manager, Wastewater, Water Treatment, Management, Sales, Engineering