SPEC Engineering, PLLC is a full-service, multi-disciplinary engineering and design firm specializing in Petrochemicals, Pharmaceuticals and Energy related services. Located in the heart of New York’s Capital Region, our Albany office is close to excellent public and private schools, breathtaking mountains and still boasts all the amenities of city living. Engineers based out of our Albany office work with clients on a local, national and international level and have the benefit of partnering with our Houston, Texas branch. SPEC offers competitive salaries, merit-based annual bonuses and a comprehensive benefits package.
We are currently seeking qualified Chemical/Process Engineering candidates with relevant experience in industrial facilities and process-related projects for our expanding Albany, NY office.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Define, organize, execute, and coordinate engineering assignments for clients, primarily in the -petrochemical, pharmaceutical – and manufacturing industries.
- Foster relations with existing clients and develop new client base.
- Perform engineering design for client projects including but not limited to piping systems, pump hydraulics, tank and vessels, heat transfer equipment, controls equipment, and process equipment.
- Develop project deliverables for clients including PFDs, P&IDs, Heat and Mass Balances, Basis of Design, Schedules, Project Estimates, Bid Documents, Equipment Specifications, etc.
- Plan and organize project work for multidisciplinary team including electrical designers, mechanical designers, civil/structural designers, procurement and administrative staff supporting those assignments.
- Research, design, and specify equipment, controls, and processes for chemical, mechanical, thermal, hydraulic, and other industrial systems.
- Provide on-site construction management assistance during installation, commissioning and start-up of equipment and related systems.
- Travel required and dependent on project and client needs.
5+ years of experience with the key duties and responsibilities described above is desired. Strong candidates will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- A BS or higher in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Consulting or plant engineering experience in petrochemical or other industrial facilities or industries.
- Committed self-starter with ability to work independently to meet project schedules and goals.
- Ability to apply engineering techniques commonly used in industrial capital projects, such as piping engineering, pipe stress analysis, pump hydraulic calculations, sizing and specification of pumps, heat transfer calculations, safety relief system sizing, and sizing and specifications for process equipment.
- Experience with Process Hazard Analysis and Risk Assessment Reviews.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Working knowledge of office productivity software, including spreadsheets and word processing.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, CADWorx, and Caesar II software a plus
- Possess or have the ability to obtain PE a plus.
- SPEC offers a comprehensive benefit package
- Excellent 401k matching program
- Great vacation and schedule flexibility
- Opportunity for bonuses
- Highly competitive salary structure
Merit Based Bonuses