ASRC Federal Space and Defense (AS&D), a subsidiary of ASRC Federal Holding Company, is seeking a Chemical Engineer- Process Management to provide assistance in inspecting and troubleshooting Weather Tower and Emergency Management equipment.
- Review research in the design and testing of new chemical synthesis and purification processes toward new energetic compounds.
- Review test plans to ensure materials compatibility, pressure ratings and test set-up meets industry and Air Force standards.
- Review test simulations and ensure compliance with Air Force approved procedures.
- Serve as a member on Test Development teams, review test proposals and ensure facility and test area meet the requirements. Bring any proposed challenges or potential failures to light and work to offer solutions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 5-7 years of experience in the Chemical Engineering field.
- Some experience in the synthesis, purification, and characterization of new compounds.
- Some Experience with analytical techniques (NMR, IR, UV, HPLC, GC-MS, Liquid Chromatograph Mass Spectroscopy (LC-MS), Raman, and a broad-based knowledge in synthetic organic chemistry.
- Knowledgeable of chemicals and piping compatibility.
Understanding of propellants and explosives used in testing and regulations for storage.
- Ability to review research projects and provide export recommendations for the research to follow.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills to collaborate effectively in a team environment and present and explain technical information.
ASRC Federal and its Subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, religion, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other factor prohibited by applicable law.