Scope of the Position
This job is diverse in the mechanical ability to perform general plant operator duties. Work includes tank truck and railcar vessel opening, loading and unloading, operation of pumps, piping, valves and general plant upkeep and maintenance. Also, assists the Acid and Shift Utility Operators or other plant personnel as needed. This job requires climbing stairs and ladders and also lifting (within OSHA guidelines). This job consists of outside elements where radiant heat or cold is normal work environment, and rotating shifts.
Position: Chemical Operator
Shift: Monday to Friday – 40 hours – Overtime – Second Shift
- Perform typical operations requirements such as truck loading and unloading, railcar loading and unloading, connecting/disconnecting hoses, operating valves, troubleshooting equipment/operational problems and operating plant equipment as needed. Cleaning, sweeping, tool room and warehouse inventory, trash removal, digging, weed spraying, shoveling, fire watch and confined space hole attendance/entrant, other duties assigned by Supervisor.
- Operation of the following mobile equipment: Backhoe, Trackmobile, Forklifts, and other mobile equipment.
- Replacement of nuts and bolts in pipe flanges ranging in size from 1” - 48” diameter flanges.
- Physical capability of performing tasks in 100 degree ambient temperatures while wearing Protective Personal Protection such as Acid Resistant approved PVC rain suit (topcoat, bottom pants, rubber boots, gloves and face shield) and Respirators.
- Must be able to work scheduled 8-hour days with intermittent 14 – 16 hour days for emergency operations/repairs.
- Maintain weekly timesheets in accurate format.
- Follow all plant Rules & Regulations including lack of tardiness and absenteeism.
- Be able to comply with all plant safety rules such as: -Meet annual plant physical exam requirements.
- Perform tasks utilizing all PPE.
- Maintain and document PPE condition.
- Following all plant safety guidelines such as: o Confined Spaceo High Worko Management of Changeo Hot Worko Operating Procedures
What You Need To Be Successful
- Relevant experience in a plant environment performing similar duties is preferred.
- Ability to use computer effectively, Microsoft programs, maintenance management system, e-mail, etc.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, manufacturer’s literature, diagrams or schematics.
Reports to: Plant Manager
CHEMTRADE is a publically traded (TSX: CHE.UN) chemical manufacturing and handling company headquartered in Toronto, Canada with 65+ locations across North America and Brazil. Chemtrade provides industrial chemicals and services to our customers in three main business segments; Sulphur & Performance Chemicals, Water Solutions and Electrochemicals. Chemtrade is a reliable industry partner to the Oil & Gas, Pulp & Paper, Water Treatment, Food & Beverage and Pharmaceutical industries and is committed to the codes and ethics of Responsible Care 14001.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Learn more about Chemtrade by visiting www.chemtradelogistics.com or follow us on