In this position you will be responsible for the manufacture of products made by the facility from the time a material is scheduled for manufacture until the material is packaged and ready for shipment. The overall objective is to be able to function in any step of the manufacturing cycle time to give the greatest possible flexibility in meeting customer demands.
Objectives for this position include:
- Monitor processes in order to ensure batches are produced within given parameters and customer specifications.
- Operate various computer controlled process/support process equipment; monitor control systems to identify trends and recommend appropriate action.
- Troubleshoot and investigate problem batches; using findings, recommend appropriate solutions to fix/prevent problem batches.
- All gather/weigh functions and for SunColor®, Small Batch, and Blackside (including Premix).
- All canning functions for SunColor®, Small Batch, and Blackside (including Premix).
- Maintain an acceptable level of housekeeping throughout the production and laboratory areas.
- Accurately use, follow and record information on Make and Pack Tickets and Tote Sheets.
- QC functions to include grind and washouts.
- Perform all duties in compliance with ISO 9001:2015 requirements including maintaining proper documentation in all work areas.
- Perform all duties in such manner as to comply with all company/departmental safety rules and procedures to maintain a safe work environment for all employees.
- Ability to plan/prioritize work in a manner that ensures minimal disruption to operations and manufacture quality product that meets or exceeds standards.
- Perform transfers and any other tasks assigned by supervisor.
- Willingness to help co-workers and promote a team environment
Long-Term Objectives for this position include:
- Perform all QC functions of inks and raw materials and interpret results to ensure only quality product is manufactured and shipped.
- Run and calibrate all testing equipment including but not limited to TA Theometer, Inkometer, Prufbau, DataColor Spectrophotometer; perform regular MSA analysis
- Perform statistical and batch reviews of ink formulations and optimize formulation to achieve improved constant composition.
- 1-3 years’ experience in a production/manufacturing environment and/or QC Lab experience
- Ability to read, write, do arithmetic to include formulations of percentages
- Candidates must possess basic computer skills and sound verbal and written communication skills
- Maintain and comply with all OSHA PIT (Power Industrial Truck) and Certification
- Must be able to meet the long-term objectives within one-year of hire or as directed by management
- High school diploma or GED
- 1st Shift, 7:00AM - 3:00PM
- TBD depending on qualifications
Drug and Background check is mandatory if offered the position.
Sun Chemical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.