Are you the kind of person that is always thinking, sketching, seeking, and adjusting? Who needs to understand how things work and then figure out how they can work better? Are you a passionate, tenacious, solver who loves to work with others who share your drive? Are you positive, constructive, and ingenious?
Are you always solving?
Then we’d like to meet you and bet you’d like to meet us.
Ashland LLC has an exciting opportunity for a Chemical Process Engineer to join our team at our Texas City, Texas location. This is a very visible, significant role within the Company and the manufacturing group. This position will report to the Continuous Area Production Manager.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Works with the Production Manager and other department staff to establish annual departmental goals and objectives for the site’s production areas
- Reviews daily operation of the production areas and performs process troubleshooting to maintain capacity operation as required
- Identifies and implements projects for cost savings and long-term resolution of operational problems. Serves as Area Representative on some projects.
- Performs process optimization to maximize quality and minimize operating costs
- Performs day-to-day yield improvement and process performance monitoring to assure maximum production output
- Works with Process Operators, Engineers, Supervisors, Specialists and other site personnel to develop, implement, and improve unit operations within the plant
- Coordinates with the Maintenance department to schedule and plan daily work orders and unit shutdowns
- Coordinates and/or participates on quality and process improvement teams and serves as Area Representative for projects/tests to be done in the process area
- Utilizes statistical methods for process optimization to maintain and improve quality/yields and to detect problems that may result in reduced rates and product quality non-compliance
- Participates in other Safety and Environmental initiatives that will contribute to compliance of State/Federal regulations and improve existing Company programs
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemical Engineering or related discipline
- A minimum of 4 years’ chemical plant manufacturing experience is required
- Prior continuous unit experience with an emphasis in distillation
- Must also have the ability to interface well with employees
- The candidate must also be able to wear and properly utilize appropriate personal protective equipment when required to work within the manufacturing area
The following skill sets are preferred by the business unit:
Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing experience preferred
In more than 100 countries, the people of Ashland LLC. (NYSE: ASH) provide the specialty chemicals, technologies and insights to help customers create new and improved products for today and sustainable solutions for tomorrow. Our chemistry is at work every day in a wide variety of markets and applications, including architectural coatings, automotive, construction, energy, personal care and pharmaceutical. Visit www.ashland.com to see the innovations we offer.
At Ashland our vision is to be a leading, global specialty chemicals company whose inspired and engaged employees add value to all we touch. In fact our people, employees, customers and vendors define who we are. They are the driving force behind everything we do.
Not only do we value our customers but we value our employees, and we work to offer them a dynamic and challenging environment. We hold ourselves to high standards at Ashland, and we value integrity and honesty.
Ashland has a history of attracting the best people and keeping them. The reasons are simple: industry competitive salary and benefits, pay-for-performance incentive plans and a diverse work environment where employees feel challenged and valued. People come to Ashland and stay. As a growing Fortune 500 specialty chemicals company, we offer opportunities for development and advancement throughout our global organization. Our values define who we are and what we care about as a company. If you are looking for a relationship with a company instead of simply a job, this may be a great fit.
Ashland is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. NOTE: We do not accept resumes from external staffing agencies or independent recruiters for any of our openings unless we have a signed recruiting agreement in place to fill a specific position.