At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child’s cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We’re one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world’s most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry’s best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we’d love to hear from you. Learn more about us atwww.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
MISSION / SUMMARY:
This position provides technical support and leadership within the department. Develop and implement best practices to improve safety, quality, productivity and cost reduction. Develop specific performance parameters for the fiber operations.
Provides support for process improvement projects. These projects will involve chemicals, mechanical improvements, support for trials and investigations of new technologies. The Process Engineer will support the mill’s Key Performance Indicators (KPI) management system as required. This will include updating operator rounds, auditing of operations for out of range process variables and working with management and hourly employees to correct out of range KPI’s.
Drive best practices in safe operations and ensure the safety of all operations, maintenance and staff personnel.
Needs to be self-starter, be self-directed, take initiative to move forward with ideas, be committed and be able to work with and influence others. Must learn quickly and analyze the data.
JOB FUNCTIONS:Job functions include, but are not limited to the following.
- Manage trials, identify process improvements and document these improvements through Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Support the mill’s Key Performance Indicators (KPI) management system as required including updating operator rounds, auditing of operations for out of range process variables and working with management and hourly employees to correct out of range KPI’s.
- Drive best practices in safe operations and ensure the safety of all operations, maintenance and staff personnel.
- Lead activities in determining the efficient and effective use of the full spectrum of the process chemistry to include an evaluation of the economic use of established chemical controls as well as any trial chemistry being evaluated for use.
- Manage vendor compliance with mill safety rules for storage, inventory and handling.
- Review daily production and quality data, analyzes production and operation issues.
- Assist in the preparation of yearly cost and production budgets.
- Assist key personnel in outage planning and operational scheduling.
- Analyze weekly and monthly process trends.
- Monitor departmental cost, develop capital project scope and budget.
- Train of hourly/salary personnel, mentor junior level engineers.
- Cover vacancies for Asst. Superintendent
- Other duties as assigned.
- General schedule is an 8-hour M-F assignment, however, employee must be willing to work alternate schedules occasionally; that may include early mornings, nights, and/or weekends and be punctual while doing so.
- Occasional overnight travel to include flying, driving, riding or by rail.
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time up to 8-hours.
- Occasional Lifting up to 20 lbs.
- Reading computer screen or other electronic devices.
- Use of various office hand and electrical tools or equipment.
- Integrity & Trust
- Action Oriented
- Problem Solving / Technical Skills
- Drive for Results
- Timely Decision Making
- Priority Setting
Graphic Packaging International, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster.
- SAP system knowledge
- team building skills
- communication skills
- Computer software (i.e. EXCEL, WORD, POWERPOINT, SAP)
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of1-3 years work experience in fiber or utilities area.
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor Degree - Chemical Engineering, or Pulp & Paper Science, or other engineering discipline preferred