Bio-Rad is seeking a Chemical Process Operator II. Responsible for all chemical/biological mixing, processing, and packaging operations within the production area. This includes the transferring of products through various process and storage areas.
- Weighs, measures, prepares, and mixes materials to make stock solutions and/or product per work instructions/batch procedures.
- Calculates the amount of material required per work instruction/batch procedure.
- Collects samples and performs inline testing of product, resoles any pH and conductivity issues identified.
- Performs spiking of solutions, adjusts ratio of materials as needed.
- Maintains timely and accurate records of production process.
- Labels the prepared solutions and buffers.
- Communicates inventory, planning and quality issues to supervisor or appropriate department partner.
- Safely disposes of materials and chemical/biologicals.
- Performs basic troubleshooting and repair of equipment, escalating to maintenance, as required.
- Performs transactions in SAP such as: goods issued, goods receipt, tracks and records labor hours, inventory transfers and look-up.
- Reviews and recommends revisions to work instructions and SOPs.
- Recommends process improvements.
- Independently operates reactors/large scale equipment, including: monitoring process, making appropriate adjustments, and adding chemical/biologicals to the reactors.
- Prioritizes work orders based on production demand and equipment utilization.
- Assists Process Development and R&D with validation of equipment and processes.
- Collects and documents data from remediation/waste water/hazardous waste storage tanks and calculates air quality metrics for regulatory compliance.
- Performs root cause analysis of equipment or inline test failures.
- Trains employees on work processes.
- Identifies safety risks and recommends solutions.
- May be asked to act as Team Leader when called upon.
- Ensures labs are kept clean and up to 5S standards.
- Identifies and reports potential safety issues.
- Decontaminates, prepares and isolates equipment for maintenance.
- Ensures chemicals are disposed of properly.
- High school diploma required.
- Associate’s degree with chemical/biological background preferred.
- 4-6 years chemical/biological production experience required, preferably in a regulated environment.
- Working knowledge of hazardous regulation compliance and waste water handling.
- Knowledge of handling reactors.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office tools-Excel and Word.
- Working knowledge of ERP systems, SAP a plus.
- Strong Math skills with the ability to convert units of measure and calculate ratios required.
- Ability to speak, read and write using business communication skills. (English)
- Ability to manage and prioritize tasks.
- Detail oriented.
- Intermediate analytical skills.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.