Horizon Discovery have an exciting opportunity for an Oligo Chemist which has a high emphasis on custom amidite synthesis, production of other reagents in support of oligo production, and process development on the manufacturing of highly modified synthetic RNA and DNA oligonucleotides.
- Independently performing the manufacture and characterization of oligonucleotides for research and pre-clinical use
- Maintaining, calibrating, and troubleshooting synthesis and purification processes on varying synthesis and purification platforms
- Identifying, developing processes, and resolving technical challenges and difficulties
- Delivering new and custom products and involvement in tech transfer and scale-up of oligonucleotides.
- Evaluating and extending new chemistries as well as providing innovations which can be developed into new product advantages
- Develop/optimize the conjugation of oligos to biological compounds such as proteins or antibodies
- Adherence to Quality Assurance and Management policies and processes
- Additional responsibilities as needed
Essential Competencies & Requirements
- PhD in Chemistry or Biochemistry or significant experience working with oligonucleotide
- Demonstrated proficiency in the synthesis of modified phosphoramidites
- Experience working within a commercial laboratory, preferred, but not required
- Demonstrated problem solving ability and results orientation
- Self-starter, energizing, and able to multi-task
- Strong verbal and written communication