Chemist (Local Candidates Only)
Summary: Conducts chemical and physical laboratory tests of solid materials, liquids, and gases and analyzes test data. Must be willing to work a rotating shift schedule of 1st shift and 2nd shift (5 am-1 pm) AND (1 pm-9 pm) as well as some Saturdays.
- Operate performance testing equipment and analytical instrumentation as well as insuring proper maintenance, calibration, and repairs when needed.
- Perform detailed ASTM, SAE, and FTM testing of key characteristics for raw materials, intermediates, production batches, and R&D/Technical Service samples
- Aviation-specific performance testing, Viscometric testing, tribology testing, foam/emulsion testing, grease testing
- Characterization of ultra-clean requirements using Spectroscopic light scattering particle counters
- Quantitative gravimetric Millipore filtration analysis
- Wet chemical titration methods including Karl Fisher, total acid/base number
- Specific Gravity, Pour/Flash/Fire Point, Electrical properties
- Analytical analysis using ICP, HPLC, GC, and FTIR
- Perform routine control charting on critical tests and troubleshoot/communicate deviations or trends
- Operate Production laboratory to test inline packaged material and authorize line approvals to package manufactured product as well as provide support to Production for maintaining product quality and integrity
- Maintain accurate, well-organized, and defensible documentation of all results – interface with software such as SAP/LIMS
- Support root-cause analysis investigations and corrective actions with data compilation, lab blends, and testing
- Participate in both internal quality audits and external customer audits of the laboratory performance
- Develop improvements in the accuracy and efficiency of the laboratory processes by applying Six Sigma and LEAN principles
- Perform PTHAs, JSAs, and support plant/department Safety and 5S initiatives
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or Biochemistry
- Knowledge of chemistry, engineering, biology, formulation methodology
- Wet chemistry
- Nice to Have: ASTM Methods
- Detail-oriented, time management, organizational skills, math skills
- Experience with viscosity testing, HPLC, ICP and Particle Count instrumentation
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com or 844-463-6178.
- Life Insurance
- Medical, Dental and Vision