CSBio is a fast-paced growing peptide CMO founded in 1993. Our initial products were a complete line of automated synthesizers for manufacturing and process development, with a focus on cGMP production. In 1994, we opened our custom peptide facility and began producing high quality compounds for research organizations and pharmaceutical companies worldwide. In 2004, we opened our peptide production facility in Menlo Park, CA and in 2014, we expanded our production capability through the addition of a new, state of the art building dedicated to cGMP peptide production. In 2017, we passed a FDA inspection and were recommended to be approved for commercial drug substance manufacturing. In 2019, we expanded into Milpitas, CA for non-clinical production and are currently under construction for an additional dedicated cGMP clinical peptide production facility.
- Execute batch production records or protocols with independently, in a timely and efficient manner.
- Plan and execute chemical tests using mass spectrometer and other techniques independently.
- Analyze and interpret the results of testing.
- Analyzes organic and inorganic compounds to determine chemical and physical properties.
- Perform data analysis and review of data for accuracy and completeness.
- With minimal guidance, may utilize new equipment and/or develop formulas, processes and methods for solution of technical problems.
- May conduct research on manufactured products to develop and improve product quality.
- Maintain a clean working environment and contribute to overall lab cleanliness.
- Have troubleshooting skills for synthesizer and Rotary Evaporator.
- Provide effective on-hand synthesis and cleavage process training.
- Ability to author documents such as protocols, change control records, deviation, master production records and SOPs.
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization goals and values.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and may regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or other relevant scientific field
- 3+ years experience in cGMP peptide production laboratory
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance (Kaiser HMO or BlueShield PPO. Employer pays 85% for Employee and 50% for Employee’s family; Dental: Aetna Dental, Delta Dental, Guardian Dental, MetLife Dental. Vision: VSP and Aetna EyeMed)
- Basic life ($20,000 paid by company) and supplemental life insurance (optional supplemental).
- Disability insurance 50% standard employer paid.
- 401k 10% 1:1 match
- PTO policy. 10 days PTO
- Holidays policy: 8 days floating PTO
- Additional companywide paid holiday during Thanksgiving Thursday through Sunday, and between December 24 to January 1
- Carpool, clean air vehicle, and cell phone reimbursement
- Free shuttle program (Union City Bart to HQ, San Francisco to HQ, Palo Alto Caltrain to HQ)
- Employee rewards and recognition program
- Free membership to Ignite Biofitness (Fitness center with salt water lap pool, rock climbing wall, weight lifting machines, treadmill, and ellipticals.
- Company organized social events
- Catered lunch on all federal holidays, Saturdays & Sundays
- Quarterly sponsored team building activities