Job DescriptionJob #: 1025848
A major biotech company is looking for a Chemist/Research Associate in South San Francisco, CA! If interested in the role, please send your most up-to-date resume to recruiter Austin Scrivner at email@example.com
Job Title: Chemist/Research Associate
Location: South San Francisco
The discovery chemistry department is looking for an organic chemist who will:
- Provide general outsourcing support on the synthesis of organic compounds at the contract research organizations (CROs)
- Manage outsourcing activities and operations (quotation, PO, invoice and payment).
- Interface between the contract research organizations (CROs) and internal chemists.
- Manage, track, monitor, and report performance on CROs science, operations, quality, cost, and customer service.
- Provide proactive administrative support to The Discovery Chemistry Outsourcing team (contracts with CROs, CDA/SOW, due diligence activities at CROs/business trips, Customs clearance, face meetings at CROs and travel arrangements, CRO visits, etc).
- In addition, the responsibilities may also involve the structural elucidation/analysis, characterization and quality control of organic compounds by NMR, HPLC, LC-MS and other analytical methods.
- Excellent oral/written communication and organizational skills are essential.
- Outstanding project management skills desired.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to develop effective working relationships with internal stakeholders, CROs, and cross-functional, cross-cultural teams; Computer and software savvy necessary.
- BSc or MS degree in (organic) chemistry or equivalent.
Hours Per Day: 8.00
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178.