Location: University Park, IL Department: Warehouse/ Transportation Reports To: Department Manager
Your Role: Train, learn, and work with various department to gain understanding of workflows, processes, and how they interact with other parts of the business. Complete a minimum of one assigned project for review and possible implementation in addition to gaining valuable professional work experience, knowledge, and skills.
- Training and job-shadowing to understand workflows and business needs across the company
- Leadership/ownership of assigned project(s)
- Participation in a team project with other interns
- Problem definition, research, data collection, analysis to determine best processes and methods for problem-solving
- Review, update, and track a variety of reports
- Present project information at the culmination of the internship to communicate research, findings, analysis and any recommendations
- Applies lean thinking and tools to identify and eliminate waste in all areas of the position.
- Ability to work a minimum of 350 hours during internship tenure
- Attend business, Dot specific, and personal development intern training events
- Potential for minimal overnight travel; ability to travel without restriction by all modes of transportation
What Can Dot Offer You?
As a family-owned and -operated company for the past 55 years, Dot Foods has created a strong family culture within the business. As a vital part of that family unit, we want to ensure you feel included and respected for any differing ideas. We appreciate those opinions and count on them to make us successful. In addition to an inclusive working environment, we will provide you with:
- Competitive wages and bonus potential
- Impactful experiential learning
- Great working relationships
- Future career opportunities
Safety: This position assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work locations, exercise and promotes safe behaviors and show unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding safety.
EOE/AA Employer: Dot believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities. Dot will not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or other basic classes protected by applicable federal or state law provided they are qualified for employment or for existing positions.
We Need You To Have:
- Full-time student in good standing actively pursuing a degree at an accredited college/university
- Minimum cumulative G.P.A. of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
We’d Like You To Have:
- Degree work towards a Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Operations Management or a business related field
- Effective, professional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Leadership experience