The Chief Accounting Officer (CAO) will have full accountability and responsibility for directing the corporate controllership function. This includes corporate accounting, consolidations, technical accounting, fixed assets, revenue recognition, and payroll. The CAO will establish and maintain accounting practices to ensure accurate and reliable data and will partner with the external auditors, FP&A, HR, Treasury, Risk and Compliance, IT, Internal Audit, Tax, Legal, and our Latin America business.
As a visible part of the Chief Financial Officers leadership team, the candidate must demonstrate a high level of executive presence, confidence, and the ability to build credibility and influence others through a “roll up your sleeves” work approach.
The CAO should possess the ability to create, develop and coach high performing teams and act as a strong collaborative partner across the organization.
The successful candidate must demonstrate unquestionable personal and professional integrity which aligns with Company’s core values.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct the monthly, quarterly and annual external and internal financial close and reporting process, ensuring that appropriate standards for quality and efficiency are in place to consolidate financials within published “close” deadlines.
- Review monthly financial package, including balance sheet, income statement, statement of retained earnings, and statement of cash flows for both domestic and international operations.
- Review quarterly reporting package to bank group, including financial statements, covenant calculations, and other financial information.
- Review overall revenue and accounts receivable reconciliations and DSO trends.
- Oversee preparation of revenue recognition including analysis of historical collections, cash triangles, and allowance for doubtful accounts.
- Participate and support merger and acquisition and joint venture formation accounting and analysis.
- Provide thought leadership on optimal financial statement presentation to drive business performance.
- Interact with functional leaders across the organization, including IT, legal and operations functions to ensure accurate, timely financial reporting and compliance with control reporting requirements.
- Act as an adviser to executive management to help guide financial consequences of different courses of action.
- Oversee the design and execution of effective and efficient accounting department processes taking advantage of technology and automation to drive efficiencies.
- Direct and lead accounting teams in the oversight and the development and implementation of company-wide accounting policies and controls consistent with US GAAP.
- Oversee the adoption of new accounting principles and explain the impact to executive management.
- Communicate pending changes in accounting rules and regulations to senior management which carry financial or operational implications and partner with senior management to resolve them.
- Serve as the principle liaison with the Company’s external auditors and internal auditor to ensure smooth annual and quarterly financial statement compliance.
- Develop, recruit, mentor and strengthen the accounting leadership throughout the organization.
- Well-developed negotiation skills and business management acumen as they relate to solving complex accounting issues that have operational impacts.
- Keen ability to communicate and implement the strategic financial vision while effectively anticipating, driving and managing through change.
- Possess strong leadership and mentoring skills to effectively delegate and develop teammates in the accounting department on an ongoing basis.
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to handle multiple priorities under a tight deadline
- Listens well and solicits ideas to get optimal solutions.
- Experienced in using ERP systems, standalone accounts payable and payroll systems as well as Microsoft products, including presentation programs.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Prior supervisory experience over medium to large size accounting teams.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Previous experience implementing improved processes and technology utilization.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- A four-year degree in accounting or finance and a CPA license
- 15+ years of relevant accounting experience
- Well versed in US GAAP accounting
- Healthcare experience preferred
- Advanced degree preferred
CONFIDENTIAL AND SENSITIVE INFORMATION:
- Must properly control the release of proprietary and confidential information