This leader is responsible for providing the overall leadership and direction for Gritman Clinics. Plans, assists, coordinates and directs clinic quality monitoring and reporting as required, including performance improvement initiatives. Participates with administration, leadership, and medical staff in developing the clinic’s goals, strategic direction, quality care, financial and operations plan. Has 24-hour responsibility and accountability for planning, organizing, developing, directing, coordinating, and evaluating the human and material resources necessary for quality patient care and effective clinic operations. Orchestrates ongoing and timely development, review and revision of processes (ie. policies, protocols, procedures and guidelines) in accordance with legal, professional, regulatory and accreditation standards. Participates in assessing the environment, forecasting trends, transmitting values, communicating ideas, developing and implementing standards and initiating programs and systems. Reports to the President/CEO.
• Coordinates the development and directs the implementation of organization wide plans to provide clinic care, treatment, and services.*
• Coordinates the development and directs the implementation of clinic wide programs, policies, and procedures that address needs of the patient population.*
• Coordinates the development and directs the implementation of an effective, ongoing program to measure, analyze, report and improve the quality of care, treatment, and services. Includes, but not limited to Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (“MIPS”) and other quality indicators. *
• Establishes standards of nursing practice; standards of patient care, treatment, and services; and, standards to measure, assess, and improve patient outcomes.*
• Establishes and approves policies and procedures that describe and guide how staff provide nursing care, treatment, and services.*
• Establishes and monitors the effectiveness of nursing staffing plans.*
• Functions at the senior leadership level to provide effective direction and coordination of leaders to deliver care, treatment, and services.*
• Maintains supportive working relationships with leadership of all clinics affiliated with Gritman Medical Center.
• As appropriate, actively participates in the development of marketing strategies for clinics affiliated with Gritman Medical Center.
• Assumes an active leadership role with the governing body, senior leadership, medical staff, management, and other clinical leaders in the hospital’s decision-making structure and process.*
• Participates in meetings of the hospital’s senior leaders, administrative team, and leadership team.* Conducts and/or participates in a variety of staff and committee meetings; serves on task forces and work projects as assigned.
• Provides oversight and exercises leadership over clinic staff who provide care, treatment, and services, including clinicians.*
• Directs the human resources activities of assigned areas. Works effectively with Human Resources department and legal counsel as appropriate.
• Monitors and evaluates new or revised regulatory agency and industry laws, regulations and standards applicable to assigned areas and validates that assigned activities comply with all requirements.
• Directs the development and implementation of employee orientation and training programs.
• Responsible for the preparation of annual clinic operating and capital budgets. Evaluates staffing, equipment and supply needs; prepares justifications and cost benefit analyses; reviews and recommends approval of expenditures; oversees the procurement of supplies and equipment for assigned areas.
• Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism, accountability, self-motivation, and effective communication. Demonstrates Gritman Medical Center’s mission, vision, values, and Standards of Behavior consistently in practice.
*See Joint Commission and CMS standards.
• Provides a positive and professional representation of the organization.
• Promotes culture of safety for patients and employees through proper identification, reporting, documentation, and prevention.
• Maintains clinic standards for a clean and safe environment.
• Maintains competency and knowledge of current standards of practice, trends, and developments in related scope of job role or practice.
• Participates in ongoing quality improvement activities.
• Maintains compliance with organization’s policies, as well as established practices, protocols, and procedures of the position, department, and applicable professional standards.
• Complies with organizational and regulatory policies for handling confidential information.
• Demonstrates excellent customer service through his/her attitude and actions, consistent with the standards contained in The Gritman Way.
Neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric. All genders, race, ethnic, sociopolitical, demographic, marital and sexual preference groups, developmental and physical abilities, religions, and nationalities. Population may have impairments of any or all body systems and senses.