loanDepot, America's lender, matches borrowers through technology and high-touch customer care with the credit they need to fuel their lives. While there are many loan-touch career opportunities within loanDepot, we could not take care of our employees, nor our customers, without the amazing support of our corporate teams. From HR & Marketing to Finance & Compliance, #TeamloanDepot is always searching for the best talent out there. With over $100 billion in funded loans since inception, the evolution & enthusiasm is not slowing down anytime soon. Come join us!
loanDepot — We are America’s Lender.
Responsible for overseeing and managing compliance issues within the company, ensuring that the organization is in compliance with various regulatory requirements and that employees are in adherence with internal procedures and policies. Ensures the performance of all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
- Develops, maintains and executes an effective compliance program designed to ensure the controls meet regulatory requirements and industry best practices.
- Proactively audits and surveilles systems and activities to detect and resolve potential compliance issues.
- Identifies and interprets self-regulatory organization rules and regulations to ensure company policies and procedures comply with appropriate laws, regulations and industry guidance.
- Ensure procedures are appropriately documented and referenced in the compliance manuals and written supervisory procedures.
- Provides advice to senior leadership on current firm risk, policies, and upcoming regulatory rules and actions.
- Serves as the coordinator with regulatory and internal auditors, as required under exams, inquires, or audits; serve as the company’s advisor to governance committees.
- Works with all levels of management to ensure that appropriate supervisory processes and controls are established, documented, and enforced within each of the firm’s areas of responsibility.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and responsibility for compliance with state and federal regulations and laws as they pertain to this position.
- Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Intermediate math skills; calculate interest and percentages; balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar graphs.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to make decisions that have moderate impact on the immediate work unit and cross functional departments.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work schedules on a short-term and long-term basis.
- Ability to provide consultation and expert advice to management.
- Ability to make informal and formal presentations, inside and outside the organization; speaking before assigned team or other groups as needed.
- Ability to deal with complex difficult problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision while performing duties.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, and a minimum of ten (10) + years’ experience working in Compliance.
- Experience in the Mortgage industry preferred.
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience.
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options.
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities.
- 401K with robust company match.
- 15+ PTO days in addition to 8 paid company holidays.
- The opportunity to work for America’s Lender under the vision of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- On Site Cafeteria
- Vacation/paid time off
- Life Insurance
- Military Leave
- Long Term Disability
- Gym Memberships
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid Holidays
- Professional Development
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Concierge Services
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Employee Referral Program
- Merchandise Discounts
- Game Rooms
- Free Food and Coffee
- Employee Events