The Chief Credit Officer exercises overall management of the Bank's loan portfolio, loan documentation and risk management, Serves as principal advisor to CLO on all issues associated with lending and credit operations, as well as loan policy and risk management areas. Provides support and direction to lending staff, and oversees loan policies and procedures to ensure the overall quality of the bank's loan portfolio. Recommends and assigns credit approval authorities in conformity with Board-approved policies, and maintains ongoing control over the credit risk rating system. Oversees the CRA lending effort, and credit-related compliance efforts. Directly manages many loan and credit operations functions. Strategically setting policy and procedures related to all areas of lending, including the production of loan documentation; proper funding and closing processes and loan servicing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Development of Loan Policy. This duty is performed daily, about 15% of the time.
2. Management of Loan Operations, Credit Operations, Loan Administration, Credit Risk Operations and Servicing Departments. This duty is performed daily, about 30% of the time.
3. Management of Stress Testing process. This duty is performed daily, about 5% of the time.
4. Management of CRE concentration reporting process. This duty is performed daily, about 10% of the time.
5. Management of ALLL/CECL process. This duty is performed daily, about 5% of the time.
6. Manage Regulatory Risk Liaison function. This duty is performed daily, about 20% of the time.
7. Assists with other projects and duties in conjunction with the CLO. This duty is performed as needed, about 5% of the time.
8. Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. This duty is performed annually, about 10% of the time.
9. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner. This duty is performed daily.
10. Maintains a high level of communication with staff. This duty is performed daily.
11. Completes required BSA/AML training and other compliance training as assigned. This duty is performed as needed, about 5% of the time.
12. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE Graduate degree (M.B.A., M.A., etc), plus 9 to 10 years related experience and/or training, and 9 to 10 years related management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and understand the most complex documents; Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints; Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style; Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane, algebra, solid geometry and trigonometry.
CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
PREFERRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
SOFTWARE SKILLS REQUIRED
Intermediate: Presentation/PowerPoint, Spreadsheet, Word Processing/Typing
WORKING CONDITIONS Normal working conditions as found within an office setting, wherein there is controlled temperature and a low noise level, plus a minimum of distractions.
The following work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations. Semi-repetitive, low physical. Semi-repetitive type work which requires periods of concentration for varied time cycles as prescribed by the tasks. While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk or hear; frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms; an. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.