The Smilist is a fast-growing Dental Support Organization focused on supporting dental practices in the NY metric area. We are a group of passionate, dedicated and skilled people committed to reinventing the dental experience. Our team members are ambitious and energetic individuals with a thirst to learn and a drive to succeed.
We are presently recruiting for a full-time Clinical Director to support business and clinical operations. This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Support Financial and Operational Goals
- Achieve revenue goals by effectively managing patient scheduling, specialty referrals and through coaching/advising the clinical staff to reach established production goals.
- Increase and stimulate new patient growth by supporting sales, marketing, and promotional programs.
- Ensure optimal scheduling and access to patients.
- Supervise clinical staff and proactively manage their performance and development including but not limited to performance feedback, performance, appraisals, and corrective actions.
- Communicate with dental staff regularly to ensure that they have the information, tools, and support needed to perform their jobs effectively and successfully.
- Train the dental staff as necessary on billing and/or management matters.
Recruitment, Retention, and Mentorship
- Support the recruitment process of hiring new dentists and implement career path.
- In collaboration with HR will develop a retention program for all clinical staff.
- Provide mentorship for new and under-performing dentists.
- Support the Business Development Team with the recruitment of new target affiliations.
Quality and Clinical Decisions
- Maintain patient data to include required regulatory chart documents and treatment plans.
- Perform chart reviews and audits.
- Ambassador to Clinical Advisory Board (CAB)
- Implement a quality assurance program.
- Develop EBD clinical protocols.
- Develop clinical analytics and metrics that evaluate and drive exceptional performance.
- Advise on clinical decisions.
- Ensure flawless execution of operational standards, including compliance with established policies, procedures, with federal, state and local regulations.
- Review all malpractice claims and implement any corrective actions.
- Responsible for clinical issues and coordinating appropriate actions, plans, and responses.
- Participate in strategic planning and negotiations with payers.
- Responsible for issues involving doctor behavior, conduct, and compliance.
Requirements: NY State Dental License (additional NJ license preferred)
Experience: Minimum of five years of senior leadership in an established DSO (Dental Support Organization). Knowledge and proficiency in electronic dental records and expertise in Dentrix Enterprise. Proven track record of managing performance improvement across an organization. Capable of mitigating issues with patient care. Demonstrated ability in achieving results, setting goals and gets others to rally together. Clear and persuasive communicator to dentists in both positive and negative situations both verbally and in writing. Able to interpret financials and act accordingly. Serves as a role model for the clinical staff and demonstrates the ability to hold others accountable. Knowledge of billing, insurance, regulatory, compliance, and dental terminology.
Reasoning and Technical Abilities: Critical thinking, analytical and able to utilize various software applications that support the business. Excellent oral and written skills. Must have a professional positive attitude, vision, understanding of customer service principals, trustworthy, highly ethical and socially responsible. Must be able to model our corporate values and culture.
Compensation and Benefits:
• Competitive compensation
• Healthcare benefits
• Company-sponsored 401(k) savings plans
• Paid vacation and holidays