Southern California-based Karma is more than just a car company. Although we are best known as a creator of soul-stirring luxury electric vehicles, Karma has emerged as a high-tech incubator offering innovators a perfect platform to prove their emerging technologies. Every Revero is designed at our Headquarters in Irvine and created with great individual care and world-class craftsmanship at the Karma Innovation and Customization Center in Moreno Valley, CA.
The Chief Engineer, Powertrain Systems leads a team of engineers focusing on systems engineering, range extender and onboard diagnostics. Role includes supporting in-house vehicle programs and developing next generation technologies.
- Lead On-Board Diagnostics (OBD) of the vehicle powertrain and Engine Control Management (ECM) of existing and future engines.
- Key interface with regulatory agencies (EPA/CARB) for current and future programs to ensure all vehicles comply with emission requirements.
- Manage powertrain validation testing at vehicle level at third party lab certification labs as well as in-house dyno lab.
- Oversee feature definition, powertrain system and subsystem technical requirements, and functional safety. Coordinate with hardware and software teams.
- Develop, negotiate, and manage vehicle technical specifications with cross-functional teams.
- Perform performance simulation and benchmark competition.
- Lead and grow engineering team – talent development, recruiting and retention.
- Advise executive management on emerging technologies and strategic technical issues with emphasis on powertrain technologies.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- BS or MS in Engineering or Related Field.
- 10+ years’ experience with Powertrain Development for automotive applications.
- Thorough knowledge of electric and hybrid vehicle control systems.
- Background in automotive systems engineering.
- Skilled in Simulink.
- Proven track record with regulatory agencies.
- Proven track record leading and developing diverse groups of engineers.
- Broad industry network and experience working with domestic and overseas suppliers.
- Startup experience in a fast-pace environment preferred.
- Basic knowledge of Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001:2015) and Environmental Management Systems (ISO 14001:2015), as applicable.
NO 3rd Parties, Principals Only, Please
Join Karma as we transform transportation and mobility with innovative team work.
Karma Automotive offers a complete benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, STD, LTD; paid vacation, holidays and personal days; and a 401K with matching contributions. Relocation assistance may be available.
Karma Automotive LLC is an equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender identity and expression, color, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy or related conditions (including breastfeeding), national origin/ancestry, religion, military/veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic and group protected by applicable law. Karma Automotive LLC complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act to ensure equal access to all qualified individuals with a physical or mental disability. Valid driver’s license may be required based on essential duties.