Country:United States of America
Location:A01: Rockford - Aerospace 4747 Harrison Avenue, Rockford, IL, 61125 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
This position is a recognized Chief Engineer, expert and thought leader. The incumbent serves as an expert resource for the function and organization. Solves problems in various engineering projects. Leads and oversees strategic planning efforts for medium and/or complex programs, establishes program plans, schedules and budgets, and liaises between project management and planning, project teams, and line management. Selects and manages ongoing relationships with external contractors. Identifies and responds to complex project problems, spearheads solutions, and leads resolution development for escalated problems.
- Directs all phases of programs from inception through completion.
- Establishes program plans, schedules and budgets for mid to large-size programs and recommends appropriate adjustments to ensure adherence to the established project plan, schedule, and budget.
- Reviews and presents plans and progress reports relating to project value-stream strategy, progress, and results to ensure smooth project operations.
- Create and monitor key metrics (budget, quality, schedule) and implement appropriate corrective actions to address negative trends.
- Liaises between project management and project teams to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of project activities.
- Develop and execute plans necessary to meet key programmatic and customer milestones (hardware deliveries, qualification activities, customer lab/flight test A/C support activities).
- Oversees and coordinates the administrative and operational aspects of ongoing projects within program guidelines.
- Reviews project and budget status, manages schedules and prepares reports.
- Identify risks and implement appropriate mitigation plans
- Identifies and responds to complex project problems and spearheads solutions, such as reallocating resources or changing contractual specifications, and leads resolution development for escalated problems.
- Monitors and assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and customer-satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Establishes design concepts, criteria and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test.
- Leads efforts to meet system level requirements, system definition, development, testing and initial production
- Leads efforts to investigate field performance issues and drive RCCA to closure
- Represents UTC as the primary customer contact for projects.
- 3 years of project management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering/Technology or similar discipline and 12 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in Business, a technical field or similar discipline and 10 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 16 years of relevant experience is required.
- Familiarity with electronic and mechanical hardware, complex logic devices, and micro-processor based embedded software
- PMP© certification
- Experience managing engineering teams
- Experience leading and working with multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to manage several, concurrent medium-large scale development projects
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering/Technology or similar discipline and 12 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in Business, a technical field or similar discipline and 10 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 16 years of relevant experience is required.
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- A Background check and a drug screen are required for every external new hire in the U.S.
- A re-hire will be drug screened if it has been 12 months since they were last employed by UTC.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on thislinkto read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.