Position: Heavy Highway/Marine Chief Estimator
Location: Byram, Mississippi
Yates is proud to be an industry leader in construction and engineering services. To be a top of class organization, Yates is dedicated to hiring individuals who understand the importance of safety; instills integrity in all aspects of their lives; are passionate about what they do; and committed to providing value to our clients.
Skills and Experience:
- HCSS Heavy Bid
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 12 years’ experience in estimating complex highway, piling and marine construction
- Display a strong attention to detail with the ability to exhibit thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing tasks.
- Experience in a leadership position, planning and delegating work, providing clear direction and goals.
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects and prioritize accordingly.
Summary of Duties:
- Manage the Estimating Department and assume responsibility for all estimating functions.
- Direct, coordinate and lead the preparation of all estimates.
- Responsible for complete, accurate, and timely bids using HCSS estimating software, following estimating policy and procedures.
- Attend and participate in pre-bid/post-bid meetings.
- Evaluate and analyze subcontractor and vendor proposals.
- Interpret and analyze project drawings and technical specifications, proposals and other documentation.
- Perform site visits on pursuits and ongoing projects.
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental, or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EOE/Vets/Disabilities/M/F
Yates performs heavy construction and building work throughout the United States and relocation is sometimes required for continuous employment opportunities.