DB Civil Construction, Inc. is a heavy/highway contractor specializing in FDOT projects, large site infrastructure, underground, and road work with more than 250 employees working throughout Florida. We are a dynamic and rapidly growing company that is currently seeking a Chief Estimator to work at our St. Augustine, Florida.
It is a fast-paced environment and we work hard, but it is rewarding being a premier civil construction firm. The Chief Estimator will manage, guide, and train the company’s estimating department while maintaining a culture of teamwork, accountability, and precision. We want a leader who is ready to work hard and contribute to the success of the company. The duties of the position include overseeing the accuracy and completeness of cost proposal preparation and the submittal of proposals to clients through either bidding or negotiation. Further, to lead the company’s Design-Build pursuits including identifying projects, construction partners, and design firms, as well as overseeing the DB cost proposals.
The Chief Estimator will be responsible for the development and implementation of the estimating department systems and procedures.
- Lead, mentor, and grow the company estimating department of six employees.
- Identify and solicit projects to bid within the company’s core markets.
- Create and manage standardized estimating systems and procedures.
- Review cost estimates prepared by the estimating team to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Prepare risk assessment analysis through the evaluation of contract documents and geotechnical reports. • Identify value engineering alternative proposals.
- Manage the transfer of information on successful bids to those responsible for constructing the projects.
- Maintain metrics relating to company estimating pursuits.
- Actively participate in industry, client, and community relations to enhance company image.
- Contribute to business development efforts to identify future clients and projects.
- Strive to build effective relationships with clients, architects, engineers, specialty contractors and suppliers.
- Florida Department of Transportation experience is a must.
- Knowledgeable in HCSS or similar estimating software, Bluebeam, Microsoft Office, Primavera P6, Agtek, Auto-CAD.
- Experienced in preparing hard-bid governmental and private marketplace cost proposals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Building Construction, or Building Science.
- Ten (10) or more years of experience in civil construction.
- Prior experience in an estimating team environment.
- Proficient mathematical and computer skills.
- Must be highly motivated, organized, and possess a strong positive worth ethic.
- A demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Highly detail oriented with the ability to recognize discrepancies. Salary and Benefits Salary is negotiable based on experience Health, dental, vision, life, short and long term disability 401(k) with company match and 100% immediate vesting Automobile or automobile allowance PTO and paid holidays Apply by submitting resume to firstname.lastname@example.org DB Civil Construction is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, sexual identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. DFWP Company Description DB Civil is a premier civil construction firm and heavy/highway contractor specializing in large site infrastructure, underground, and road construction throughout Florida.