Cornerstone Healthcare Group, based in Dallas, Texas, was founded in 1990 and provides excellent healthcare services to our patients, residents and their families.
Our employees make a difference, join us so you can too! We pride ourselves on our quality of care, responsive service, and commitment to excellence. We treat each employee, patient and resident like we would a member of our own family, and measure our success by the direct impact we have on improving the quality of life for our employees, patients and residents.
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is accountable for governance oversight of one hospital with two or more campuses (in an expanded geographic area) and is the voting CEO member of the Governing Board. Ensures services in a manner that optimizes provision of care and outcomes for the long-term acute care patients who are adults ranging in age from 18 years to geriatric adults over 65 years of age experiencing medically complex conditions, physical/pulmonary rehabilitation and wound care needs. Sets the business strategy, mission, vision and values of the applicable hospitals in conjunction with the assigned CEO for one [responsible] hospital. Builds a Senior Management team that will fulfill the Mission of Cornerstone Hospital Group and successfully meet strategic, operational and programmatic goals approved by the Governing Board. Responsible for creating and promoting a positive work culture. Supporting employee and patient education to enhance knowledge, skills and necessary behaviors to facilitate improved patient care. Adopting an approach to hospital-wide performance improvement to ensure important processes and activities are measured, assessed and improved systematically. Promoting quality outcomes through planning for the efficient and effective utilization of healthcare resources. Participating in policy decisions affecting the responsible hospitals. Collaborating with community leaders and hospitals, physicians and facility team members to design services. Accountable for leadership of all hospital staff, delegating and coordinating to achieve quality cost effective outcomes.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare Related field required.
- Five (5) years of senior management or executive positions in an Acute Care or Long Term Acute Hospital required
- Master’s Degree highly preferred.
- Ability to manage conflict and find creative alternatives to difficult situations.
- Leadership ability to nurture people in their pursuit of high standards.
The Chief Executive Officer:
- Sets the business strategy and promotes the mission, vision and values of the organization.
- Builds a senior management team that fulfills the Mission of Cornerstone Hospital Group and successfully meets strategic, operational and programmatic goals approved by the Governing Board.
- Creates and promotes a desired culture for the organization.
- Supports employee and patient education to enhance knowledge, skills and necessary behaviors to facilitate health.
- Adopts an approach to hospital wide performance improvement to ensure important processes and activities are measured, assessed and improved systematically.
- Promotes quality outcomes through effective planning and efficient utilization of healthcare resources.
- Directs the financial and budgetary performance of the hospital.
- Participates in system-wide policy decisions affecting the hospital.
- Collaborates with community leaders and hospitals, physicians and facility team members to design services.
- Accountable for leadership of all hospital staff, delegating and coordinating to achieve quality cost effective outcomes.
- Ability to project a professional Image.
- Current knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations that apply to financial practices in long-term acute care.
- Knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance requirements.
- Working knowledge and ability to apply professional standards of practice in job situations.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Working knowledge of personal computer and software applications used in job functions (Word processing, graphics, databases, spreadsheets, etc.)
- Persons who have been found guilty by a court of law of abusing, neglecting, or mistreating individuals in a health care related setting are ineligible for employment in this position.
- Freedom from illegal use of drugs.
- Freedom from use of and effects of use of drugs and alcohol in the workplace.
- Vacation/paid time off
- Long Term Disability
- Paid sick days
- On Site Cafeteria
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Events
- Paid Holidays
- Military Leave
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Free Food and Coffee
- Subsidized Commuting
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Gym Memberships
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Life Insurance
- Professional Development
- Mobile Phone Discount
- Flexible Schedules
- Merchandise Discounts
- Employee Referral Program
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave