If you enjoy challenges and the excitement that allows you to be part of something growing with unbridled potential, then BCD International is for you. Located in the northern Chicago suburbs, BCD International is a $100M team-centric manufacturer of video surveillance infrastructure networking, recording, analytic, and Artificial Intelligence (AI) solutions. We are on an accelerated multi-national global growth path that seeks a Chief Financial Officer to lead and inspire the accounting team, while adding value to the entire organization.
The CFO will have both a day-to-day and ongoing impact on company financial operations, helping us to analyze, strategize, and grow our strong financial position. You will also be among our voices to the investment community. The right candidate not only understands current accounting practices and trends but has proven experience adapting to an ever-changing, yet ever-thriving marketplace, and can work in a team environment. As a member of our senior management team, you will be part of the overall picture that drives the organization and should be a clear communicator, comfortable in a leadership role, and have strong presentation skills.
- Partner with leadership on assessing and evaluating financial performance or organization including long-term operational goals, budgets, and forecasts. Provide insight and recommendations to both short-term and long-term growth plan of organization.
- Create and establish yearly financial objectives that align with the company’s plan for growth and expansion.
- Engage with auditors, tax accountants, and financial institutions.
- Review and analyze monthly financial budgeting reports including monthly profit and loss, forecast vs. budget, and weekly cash flow by department. Provide recommendations.
- Participate in conference calls with Lenders, Vendors and Executive Leadership Team,
- Monitor risk and compliance and oversee internal and external Financial Reporting.
- Help foster a culture of continuous improvement implementing processes, frameworks and systems that allow us to capture and utilize timely and accurate data across the business to make better decisions.
- Provide support on various operational tasks including P&L and financial projections, pricing and valuation models and company presentations.
- Oversees all accounting functions including cash management, AP, sign checks, authorizes large wires and ACHs and reporting
- 10+ years of financial experience in a management/leadership role. Enjoys mentoring and developing others. Works well with both direct and indirect reports
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA and/or MBA preferred
- Outstanding knowledge and understanding of GAAP, IFRS, and SOX compliance
- Background coordinating with IT staff to manage and/or upgrade accounting system. Systems implementation experience strongly preferred
- Excellent analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Significant experience working with external auditors, internal controls and compliance-related issues
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Strong team player
- NetSuite experience a plus
What we offer:
- Great environment with an engaged and energized team throughout the company as your teammates
- Benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, LTD, Education Assistance, 401(k) with match and a generous PTO/BTO plan
- A dynamic privately-held organization that allows and wants your voice to be heard
- A two-decades old company founded on the core values of Accountability, Humility, Integrity, Passion, and Proactivity
Please send your resume and salary expectations to HR@bcdinc.com.
Chief Financial Officer