Chief Financial Officer
Brinkmann Constructors is a 35-year young, fast growing, and, employee owned national general contractor, headquartered in Chesterfield, MO, with other offices in Denver and Kansas City. Renowned for its ability to advocate and find innovative opportunities to save clients time and money (as reflected in our mantra, “Insight Beyond Measure”), Brinkmann Constructors will grow to $700M and 300 employee owners in 2020.
More opportunities exist for Brinkmann Constructors today than it can purse as it continues to develop as an organization. This newly created position of Chief Financial Officer will play a key role in designing and creating the financial, administrative, and support structure to serve the entire business for many years to come.
We are currently seeking a strategic and broadly experienced Chief Financial Officer (CFO). The CFO will provide oversight for Accounting, Finance, Human Resources (Administration), and IT, while serving as an essential business advisor to the CEO, President, and other members of the executive team.
Reporting to the President, responsibilities include:
- Provide the vision, leadership and management necessary to develop the Company support functions (Accounting, Finance, IT, HR – Administration) that help enable people to perform at their best.
- Taking responsibility to assure that the Company has the proper reporting, compliance, operational controls, administrative systems and procedures, and HR systems in place to effectively support the growth of the organization while ensuring financial strength and operating efficiency.
- Serve as a member of the Senior Management Team.
- Perform and teach others to continually review and analyze gains or losses in profit for the purpose of making better business decisions and most effectively utilizing company resources.
- Manage banking relationships and investments.
- Leveraging technology to enable people.
- Be an active participant and significant contributor to the long-range goals, strategies and, processes to grow the valuation of the business.
- Oversight of the Enterprise Risk Management (“ERM”) process including contract review.
- Contribute to the development of up and coming leaders by providing instruction and coaching on financial management and business analysis skills/knowledge.
- Organize and coordinate the Company Strategic Execution System (strategic planning, scorecards, etc.).
- Serve as a thought partner to the Executive Officers and provide all necessary analytical and administrative support to the Board of Directors.
- Serve as a role model and catalyst for collaboration across the Company.
- Minimum of 15 years of progressive financial leadership experience, including a broad range of experience in accounting/finance, IT, and HR. Construction and/or related industry experience preferred.
- Strong leadership record with proven skills at building and leveraging a high performing team while being a model of collaboration with other leaders.
- Demonstrated ability to support and contribute to the effectiveness of operational and business development functions.
- Past history of providing accurate and timely reporting of relevant information to the organization.
- Ability to identify and act upon profit and process improvements opportunities while providing business analysis support for major decision making.
- Working knowledge of risk management and internal audit.
- Some relevant exposure to experience with project oriented and/or percent complete oriented businesses.
- Attentive listening skills and the ability to both react to stressful situations and/or to raise the bar on expectations with diplomacy and tact.
- Able to informally hold non-direct reports accountable for commitments, including financial results.
- Ability to work at a fast pace while staying focused and attuned to details and compliance requirements.
- Working knowledge of GAAP and FASB accounting standards.
- Success at harnessing technology to better enable team members and/or add to the value proposition presented to clients.
- Experience serving as the lead or number two representative with banks, accounting firms, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting or a related field (advanced degree preferred).
- CPA (preferred).
This position must be based in St. Louis, Missouri. Relocation would be expected upon hire and relocation assistance is available.
At Brinkmann, we are proud to be 100-percent employee-owned. As employee-owners who each hold a stake in the company, we are invested in building a culture of shared success. In addition to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), Brinkmann offers a competitive compensation and benefits program, including, but not limited to medical, dental and vision insurance; flexible spending accounts; short- and long-term disability; life insurance, paid vacation; and a matching 401(k) plan. We invest in our people and we seek individuals who share our passion for smart, innovative solutions.
Ready to Apply?
Apply online at www.csiapply.com – simply upload your resume and answer a few questions for our search consultant. If you experience any issues with the online application system and/or wish to make a confidential inquiry or referral, please contact our search team. Visit www.getcollaborative.com for search firm contact information. All resume submissions, referrals, and job inquiries will be held strictly confidential. We look forward to hearing from you!
Collaborative Strategies, Inc., is a St. Louis-based management consulting firm with a dedicated executive search practice. We have been connecting talented leaders with entrepreneurial organizations in the Saint Louis area since 1994. We take pride in leading retained search processes for growing organizations such as Brinkmann Constructors.
Brinkmann Constructors is an Equal Opportunity Employer
194,491 - 198,579 /yearWhat is this?
Chief Financial Officer
Chief Financial Officer